PDA

View Full Version : boat card not valid?

the local angler
06-28-2011, 05:26 PM
hey all i was recently in edmonton for the drag racing and the conversation got into boats and i was told that some of the boat operators cards are not valid. they said that before they started to crack down on this card some of the venues that were doing the tests and stuff were not qualified to do this making the card that was done at these locations a paper weight. i told them i got mine at the sportsman show in calgary a few years ago and they said i have to check cause i might have to redo the test. anyone else heard of this issue???i was planning on using my boat this year and now i am kind of worried that my card is not valid.

TyreeUM
06-28-2011, 05:36 PM
hey all i was recently in edmonton for the drag racing and the conversation got into boats and i was told that some of the boat operators cards are not valid. they said that before they started to crack down on this card some of the venues that were doing the tests and stuff were not qualified to do this making the card that was done at these locations a paper weight. i told them i got mine at the sportsman show in calgary a few years ago and they said i have to check cause i might have to redo the test. anyone else heard of this issue???i was planning on using my boat this year and now i am kind of worried that my card is not valid.

how do you even check something like that, I would flip my lid if I was checked and they told me my card was invalid...I sure as %#$ am not paying that money grabbing fee again

Winch101
06-28-2011, 05:41 PM
There were some charges laid by the DOT in regards to improper
testing at the sports shows .....I know that if your provider has gone out of bussiness , you have to retest ...

The tester at Bass pro is Boater exam ....a long time sport show provider ..
go in and check with them...Dont waste your time with the DOT
they know nothing

the local angler
06-28-2011, 05:45 PM
yeah i am a little ****ed off hearing about this so i am going to head down to the F&W office and ask them and hope this is just a bunch of beer talk.

GeoTrekr
06-28-2011, 05:47 PM
What a farce. Even a valid boat card is invalid as far as I'm concerned. Someone wanted a 'solution' to a 'problem' and sure got one.

TyreeUM
06-28-2011, 05:52 PM
everyone relax, it looks like all boat cards issued by companies now on suspension are still valid, those companies are no longer able to issue cards until they update their tests and training material to incorporate the new material required by DOT...

the local angler
06-28-2011, 06:16 PM
sweet thats a big relief now.thanks man

TyreeUM
06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
sweet thats a big relief now.thanks man

I don't speak the law, that is just what I gathered from an article online...but it makes sense to me

sureshot
06-28-2011, 06:27 PM
I think these boat licenses are a joke. I can run a million dollars worth of equipment up and down the highway, but I need a separate license to operate a 12 foot boat. Gimme a break. Just another way for them to fill their pockets.

Andy

dragon
06-29-2011, 08:27 AM
I think these boat licenses are a joke. I can run a million dollars worth of equipment up and down the highway, but I need a separate license to operate a 12 foot boat. Gimme a break. Just another way for them to fill their pockets.

Andy

I think you do need a different license... same with a forklift... or a crane...

The issue isn't the license the issue is that ANYONE can pass the exam with out any sort of training.