PDA

View Full Version : Good fisherman

Granrey
06-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, I was with couple friends fishing at Carlson lake (I think that's the name not sure).

After an hour of not action but seeing some others having good luck. A fisherman started fishing next us and caught his 5 fish in less than 30 mins.

One of my friends asked him what he was using and the good man even fixed his setup. 2 mins later my friend caught his first and we did the same and we were fishing like everybody else now.

So, I want to say thanks to that fisherman from Sangudo.

Now, regarding to the setup that we were using before. We were using one of those setups that have some springs with hooks on each side and a sinker in the bottom. We were using powerbait and even mash mellows. So, how can this setup be so wrong? I was using slip bobber too.

the new setup was basically a sinker then 2 to 3 feet away from the sinker we have a single hook with a tiny ball bait made of rubber that floats. So the sinker is at the bottom and the bait 2 to 3 feet above it.

we did not have this kind of bait but is so popular in that lake that we found many on the ground and we fished with those.

I'm suspecting the big difference is maybe the bait, as this rubber bait does not dissolve on water as the other ones we were using.

What do you guys think?