PDA

View Full Version : Donate Used Fishing Gear?

BigIrv
06-29-2011, 06:36 AM
I have some older rod/reels and was thinking of cleaning them up and making sure they work properly.
Is there anywhere in the Edmonton I can donate them kids use or charity use? They all work, just don't need them as I already have enough spares.
If anyone knows of anywhere please let me know.
Thanks!

FishBrain
06-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Very Nice Offer Irv!
Maybe you could put a post up searching for some kids who are in need, and listen to people stories and select the best one. This would be great because you would get to meet the kids who are going to be using them, maybe even give a few local pointers to them.

Dust1n
06-29-2011, 10:58 AM
contact BigBadJohn

Gust
06-29-2011, 12:12 PM
I have some older rod/reels and was thinking of cleaning them up and making sure they work properly.
Is there anywhere in the Edmonton I can donate them kids use or charity use? They all work, just don't need them as I already have enough spares.
If anyone knows of anywhere please let me know.
Thanks!

talk to Braun on here, he is taking fishing related donations for kids with Aspergers Autism, it all goes a long way.

dodger
06-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Good Post !!
I also have a brand new ugly stick with a new spin reel on it that I would like to donate to someone in the Calgary area.

Dodger.

FishingMOM
06-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Good Post !!
I also have a brand new ugly stick with a new spin reel on it that I would like to donate to someone in the Calgary area.

Dodger.

What if you donate that to Jack&7 for his girls since they are starting over?

dodger
06-29-2011, 02:19 PM
What if you donate that to Jack&7 for his girls since they are starting over?

I will hold it for them if they want it. Someone just send me a pm.

Dodger.

chubbdarter
06-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Good on you.....some kid will smile this fishing season
thanks

smitty9
06-29-2011, 05:09 PM
I teach in the public school system and was allowed to run a flyfishing club. We went on 4 outings the past 6 weeks. Kids had a blast.

Anyways, I am looking for used flyfishing equipment; rods, reels, line, waders, neoprene socks. Especially sized for kids.

Just an alternative, if anyone is looking to be rid of flyfishing equipment...

:D

Cheers!
Mike

flyfishing only 902
06-29-2011, 05:31 PM
i dont have any used gear here in alberta with me but i would be more then willing to tie up some flies for a good cause,especially kids.
anyone interested just PM me

Cal
06-29-2011, 05:33 PM
I did a big tackle clean up last year, I ended up putting most of it out by my mailbox with a tag reading "free to a good home" attatched to it.