PDA

View Full Version : Little Bow Provincial Park Campground

trapshooter
06-29-2011, 08:07 PM
I am heading to little bow pov park between Monday July 4th and Thursday July 7th. I know I can fish off the dock right at the campground. I am can catch walleye from the dock but what about perch, can I catch them from the dock to? What about any of the other species in there? Also is there any place I ca shore fish besides the dock that is within walking or biking distance from the campground? Thanks Very Much!

chubbdarter
06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
I am heading to little bow pov park between Monday July 4th and Thursday July 7th. I know I can fish off the dock right at the campground. I am can catch walleye from the dock but what about perch, can I catch them from the dock to? What about any of the other species in there? Also is there any place I ca shore fish besides the dock that is within walking or biking distance from the campground? Thanks Very Much!

guess it depends on your definition of walking distance
see alot of perch in the park area in the winter...never caught any during open water in that area.
Most ling head for deep water in the summer
You will see Lake whites suface feeding in theevenings
A few rainbows and a few browns
The bigger pike generally leave there in thesummer for the main lake...but the odd over 20 still gets caught during the summer.
I see suckers in the mud flats of the north bluffs but i dont fish for them

trapshooter
06-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Walking distance = 2km
Biking = 3km
Also willing to drive up to 10 min.

chubbdarter
06-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Walking distance = 2km
Biking = 3km
Also willing to drive up to 10 min.

you can walk past the swim beach to a location known as Coalbanks....its deep near shore there and a good producer of good walleye and pike. Youll know your there by the seams of visible coal in the cliffs behind you.

you can also walk north of the docks to where the shoreline is rock lined or even furthur to where it becomes a meandering ceek

if you have a rubber boat you can paddle to the other side of the park...you'll see a orange bouy near shore...its in the old creek channel cross....the water is deep near shore and produces good walleyes especially in the evening if boat traffic has been low all day

it will take a olympic athlete to bike out of the coulee from the park

For other close locations...read the other Travers thread on this page

Good luck...have fun.....the prettiest Res park in southern alberta...imo