PDA

View Full Version : Cold Lake Camping

thorne
06-29-2011, 08:13 PM
As usual after juggling work, home life, getting a goop group of guys and convincing the stars to align just right.....and a I finally have a 3 day trip planned for Cold Lake! It will be 6 of us 2 boats and all of our first time hunting Lakers....sounds awsome right...NOT...where the hell can a guy park his trailor??? Can't book any thing at the camp ground....just at a loss here. I would gladly park my truck somewhere, throw a tent in the boat and just find my own chunk of real estate on the Sask side...if I knew my truck would be there when i got back....can a guy launch in town and leave his veh and trailor at the launch safely for 2 nights??? Anyway if anyone has suggestions, experience I would love to hear them!!!

Magnum Slayer
06-29-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm from cold lake you can launch and park your truck at the provincial park boat launch in long bay. There's lots of room and never heard of Anyones stuff getting trashed or stolen. It can get pretty crazy down there my suggestion would be to get there early to avoid a long wait. Hope this helps.

C Taylor
06-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I've never had any trouble leaving truck & trailer in the parking lot at the provincial camp ground. Its only been thru out the day thou. Just remember out of sight out of mind

thorne
06-30-2011, 07:03 AM
thanks for the info! That makes me feel a bit better..also got some other really good suggestions from other members as well....Trip Saved! Thanks all!