PDA

View Full Version : Sherburne Reservoir (Grassy Lake)

Robotfish
06-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Anybody been to this lake lately have to spend some of my holidays soon. Any eyes biting.

npauls
06-29-2011, 11:41 PM
I have a doc. appt. in Taber tomorrow and plan on towing the little tinner out there for awhile after that. I will let you know what I find. I am thinking I will bring home some perch to cook up for the wife and little guy but will also try chasing the eyes for awhile.

trapshooter
06-30-2011, 12:32 AM
I have never been there, how is the fishing usually?
What are some good things to use for perch? Can you fish frim shote or canoe?

npauls
06-30-2011, 12:31 PM
I didn't bother heading out today because of the wind. I figured if I made it out in the tinner I would be lucky to even get any fishing in before I was flipped over.

On a nice day you could easily paddle out in a canoe and hammer some perch, walleyes, and the odd pike. You can also shore fish on the east end, at the boat launch area, and the west end. There is perch all over that place and a small jig with a leech, small minnow, or pieces of worm will work along with the usual slip bobber and the same baits or a pickerel rig with small hooks.

I am hoping to get a few camping/fishing trips out there this year if the weather would cooperate and give us some nice calm days so I can launch the tinner.

Let me know when you are heading down there and I will see if I am going to be there or if I can make the trip out there for the day.

mikeo2
06-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Might be headed out there with a couple buddies for a day this weekend if I can sneak away from work.