PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Glacier MT / Lake <cDonald

fishkilla
06-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has fished in Glacier Nat'l Park in Montana?? Girlfriend and I will be using spin casting, not fly. Any advice / suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

fishkilla

chubbdarter
06-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has fished in Glacier Nat'l Park in Montana?? Girlfriend and I will be using spin casting, not fly. Any advice / suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

fishkilla

if your starting your vacation at the Carway border...start with Duck Lake....then if your hitting the Highway to the Sun...you can pick up a fishing guide at the Wardens building....lots of great scenery and good fishing. Every thing from great Mack fishing for big dawgs to tiny but plentifull brookies....Take lots of micro cards to hold pics

fishkilla
06-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks Chubb!

goose
06-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Hello , if you want to catch cutthroat in Glacier national park try the road to the sun on the down side coming from the summit. There are a series of pools at the 50 km mark from the road to the sun sign that you go under as you enter the road to go over the pass. I was catching some real nice ones and the best part is that you do not need a fishing license in Montana in the National parks. I used small panther martins if you get to the falls you went too far. There are pullovers for your vehicle right at the 50 km spot, enjoy!!

Flathead lake has some real good macinaw/lake trout fishing try a guide you easily will catch a 10 lb plus fish if the guide is any good.

best regards
Goose

chubbdarter
06-30-2011, 03:44 PM
if you plan on leaving the park on the south side.....grab some huckleberry jam at the village of hungry horse....go to hungry horse dam and cross it....keep heading south along the lake.....the creeks have great populations of BIG grayling and really decent cutties.....watch for bears