PDA

View Full Version : perch

Cowtown guy
06-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Do the perch in Gull go deep in the summer. I have 2 very eager little neices that want to catch some perch and would lave to get them out. Any help would be appreciated.

WayneChristie
06-29-2011, 11:35 PM
take them to Enchant, if they get bored they can always go swimming. Use any ice fishing hook and a gulp maggot. I caught over 100 yesterday, and a bunch of those pothole trout too.

trapshooter
06-29-2011, 11:53 PM
take them to Enchant, if they get bored they can always go swimming. Use any ice fishing hook and a gulp maggot. I caught over 100 yesterday, and a bunch of those pothole trout too.

How do you fish it? Under a bobber, let it sink, etc.

WayneChristie
06-29-2011, 11:57 PM
I just float around on the pontoon, cast it out and let it sink, usually gets down about a foot and theres a perch on. from shore, use a bobber. lots of trout in there too, they take the same thing

trapshooter
06-30-2011, 12:24 AM
I just float around on the pontoon, cast it out and let it sink, usually gets down about a foot and theres a perch on. from shore, use a bobber. lots of trout in there too, they take the same thing

Should I use a maggot or can I use a worm?

WayneChristie
06-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Should I use a maggot or can I use a worm?

I use Gulp maggots, tried worms yesterday and they steal them as fast as you can cast, at least the fake maggots last a few fish.

trapshooter
06-30-2011, 01:29 AM
I use Gulp maggots, tried worms yesterday and they steal them as fast as you can cast, at least the fake maggots last a few fish.

Last question, how far is enchant from little bow provincial park on travers reservoir?

Cowtown guy
06-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Last question, how far is enchant from little bow provincial park on travers reservoir?

I think it is about 20ish minutes. It's been a while since I have been there.