PDA

View Full Version : Morinville/Heritage Lake

Vega21
06-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Has anyone fished there this year? A few of my friends went out there in MAy and couldnt catch a thing. Used to be alot of Perch in that lake and some decent size trouts.

gl2
06-30-2011, 05:16 PM
I went out to the Morinville Rez just west of the overpass today and had a look at someone's underwater camera. The bottom of the lake was littered with 2 and 3 lb trout at the west end. We moved down towards the deeper water towards the east end and in 3 hours, 6 holes we never had a bite. Unfortunately, I believe that it has winter killed this year. Six hours and not a bite but it was a beautiful day anyway! :)

this is a quote from previous post but it might explain why you didn't catch anything.

Sundancefisher
06-30-2011, 05:37 PM
this is a quote from previous post but it might explain why you didn't catch anything.

hopefully that means no more perch. If perch do get reintroduced illegally...the limit will be zero. Hope any vandals read this.

Good news for trout...more food...and F&W can therefore stock more trout in the lake!

papirus
09-23-2012, 08:44 PM
last year i caught one perch and i wasnt know the lake too much about it, if i do know there should be only trout, i would kill tht perch on the shore but i let it go...
well still alot trout out there. go there and get it boys :)

Bhflyfisher
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM
That's a pretty nice sized rainbow. Nice fish

papirus
09-24-2012, 07:28 AM
I caught it yesterday, it was good fight...

coyotezh
09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
i went there several times. this is not a promising pond. sometimes fast, most of time slow. the fish in this pond very picky...surprisely, i caught some very small ones on my last trip...won't go there again at least recently.