PDA

View Full Version : Canada day boat update/ travers update

Braun
07-02-2011, 02:45 PM
no pics. i am terrible with taking pictures to keep things updated.

so the boat had its first official trip out. Oh man what a day. sun. wind free from the most part. and lots of fish. The boat performed really really well. According to the GPS, I maxed it out at 29.4MPH with a 2 blade prop that has definitely seen better days. I am really confident that with a new prop and some tweaking to the engine, I will be able to get that boat upto 35mph. the engine still needs a little bit of tuning. But it ran better and better as the day went on. it started off the day being a gas guzzler but by the end of the day its fuel consumption was cut in half. the two blade prop makes it take a long time to get up on plane though. thanks to Kokanee9, we discovered that the cable that changes my gears is screwed. It is not pushing back far enough to engage reverse. and the adjustments for it are all the way back and connot be put any further ahead. this is also preventing my forward gear from idling at slow speeds. although i was able to get it slowed to about 3mph yesterday but i should be able to get it slower. Anyone have any suggestions on a trick to fix this? like i said the adjustment for the cable is maxed out but it is not enough to engage it properly. I really want to avoid completely replacing the cable.

Travers update:

barely any wind. lots of people by the spillway. saw a few people catch a couple legals. We had about 6/7 fish between 45-50 one at 49 and one at 48. and lots in the 40-45 range. the boat launches were very busy. We were fortunate enough to witness a couple kids catch theyre first fish. Hooked into around 50 fish but missed just about as many.

I will be heading out to travers again on sunday. kokanee9 is going to be bringing his boat as well. Npauls gets first dibbs on the extra spot on my boat but he is unsure if he will be able to make it. so I may have room for one more person on my boat. we will be heading out early and comming back around dinner time. I work sunday and it has been a busy weekend.

I will take some pictures of the boat interior to post because i havent done so since I finished it.

Mulestalker
07-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Oh,don't worry about us work'n stiffs I quite enjoy reading about the great fishing,beautiful weather,no wind a Travers....come on man your kill'n me!!!
If it wasn't for the 2 1/2 x pay I may have booked'r....:)

Braun
07-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Nate is still unsure if he can go or not. Is there any guys out there interested in going to travers tomorrow?

Rick.
07-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Forecast says wind tomorrow. Rick.

Gust
07-03-2011, 01:23 PM
no pics. i am terrible with taking pictures to keep things updated.

so the boat had its first official trip out. Oh man what a day. sun. wind free from the most part. and lots of fish. The boat performed really really well. According to the GPS, I maxed it out at 29.4MPH with a 2 blade prop that has definitely seen better days. I am really confident that with a new prop and some tweaking to the engine, I will be able to get that boat upto 35mph. the engine still needs a little bit of tuning. But it ran better and better as the day went on. it started off the day being a gas guzzler but by the end of the day its fuel consumption was cut in half. the two blade prop makes it take a long time to get up on plane though. thanks to Kokanee9, we discovered that the cable that changes my gears is screwed. It is not pushing back far enough to engage reverse. and the adjustments for it are all the way back and connot be put any further ahead. this is also preventing my forward gear from idling at slow speeds. although i was able to get it slowed to about 3mph yesterday but i should be able to get it slower. Anyone have any suggestions on a trick to fix this? like i said the adjustment for the cable is maxed out but it is not enough to engage it properly. I really want to avoid completely replacing the cable.

Travers update:

barely any wind. lots of people by the spillway. saw a few people catch a couple legals. We had about 6/7 fish between 45-50 one at 49 and one at 48. and lots in the 40-45 range. the boat launches were very busy. We were fortunate enough to witness a couple kids catch theyre first fish. Hooked into around 50 fish but missed just about as many.

I will be heading out to travers again on sunday. kokanee9 is going to be bringing his boat as well. Npauls gets first dibbs on the extra spot on my boat but he is unsure if he will be able to make it. so I may have room for one more person on my boat. we will be heading out early and comming back around dinner time. I work sunday and it has been a busy weekend.

I will take some pictures of the boat interior to post because i havent done so since I finished it.

See, That's what I mentioned about the cable,,, your throttle arm is up but the cable isn't engaging,,, some newer boats have a screw near the throttle mount that is for release and tightening of the cable for swapping out the motor. Do you have an tacometer,,, 4200rpm is the optimal range you should be at (no flamers welcome on this) and will maintain the motor better.