PDA

View Full Version : Fishing by Marten river campground

bowhunter79
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Hello,
I am headed up to Marten River campground next week and wondering if I could get some advice on where to find the fish pike and walleye near there. I have an inflatable and am told I can walk it down to the lake. Just have no idea once I get there where to go. any advice is greatly appreciated. looking for volume don't really care about keeping fish mainly for the kids.

Thanks

Dakota369
07-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Hello,
I am headed up to Marten River campground next week and wondering if I could get some advice on where to find the fish pike and walleye near there. I have an inflatable and am told I can walk it down to the lake. Just have no idea once I get there where to go. any advice is greatly appreciated. looking for volume don't really care about keeping fish mainly for the kids.

Thanks

The whole bay that the campground is on holds tons of walleyes. Just get about 200-300 yrds out and troll back and forth with a blue/silver rattlin rap, or a med sized red devil and you will have all the success you can handle. Beware of offshore wind there though. It can come up fast and blow you right out into the lake, and there is not much on the north shore there. Make sure you take your boat back to your campsite nightly, as some people seem to think it's ok to mess with your boat when it is unattended at night.....