PDA

View Full Version : Best perch shore fishing close to Calgary??

Calgarys_finest
07-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Well i got my daughter her first fish this weekend and it was very fun it was 43cm Rainbow out of Crossfield pond. It was a little too big for her and her rod and was looking to do some perch fishing close to calgary. Would the best bet for close to gaurenteed perch be Burnstick or Cow? I need to fishing working on my motor so i dont think i will have a boat for this one so i need access to the shore. I will most likely either have this week or next week off and will have a whole day to get out with her I live in Airdrie and dont really want to go further than burnstick area or equal distance in different direction.

bigfis
07-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Twin lakes is a bit farther but There is hundreds of perch under the dock in the first parking lot .just use a small worm and a bober and got about 10 in a 50mins

FishingMOM
07-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Twin lakes is a bit farther but There is hundreds of perch under the dock in the first parking lot .just use a small worm and a bober and got about 10 in a 50mins

That is no where near for a simple day trip.
:argue2:

Calgarys_finest
07-04-2011, 04:28 PM

Twin lakes by Grand Prarie? thats a little far for me. Anyone know if Burnstick or Cow are walkable along the shore or where it is best to go to if i want to take a kid shore fishing?

WayneChristie
07-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Hit Enchant, got over 100 in a couple hours Saturday, and theres a beach and playground as well. Cant keep them but they are still fun to catch, especially for kids.