PDA

View Full Version : Cold lake lakers help!!

fluxcore
07-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm heading for a day trip on cold lake with the new boat next week and I'm seeking some advise on the best place to launch and a decent area to fish, I also wouldn't mine if someone in the area who knows the lake wanted to tag along for the day. I wont be keeping any because I currently have no room in the freeze with all the salmon in there:) Ive been in Alberta for 11yrs now and I think its about time I scratch lake trout of the bucket list. Send Pm's if your uncomfortable posting locations and want to tag along.

fluxcore
07-04-2011, 09:20 PM
ummm..... anyone?

thorne
07-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Wish I could hepl more. Me and Geezle hit it up for the first time last weekend ourselves and managed 2. We basically looked at the navico map, followed structure until we saw fish on the HDS, mostly huge bait balls, dropped down a large glow tube jig, or white bionnoc buck tail into the ball and started to jig bringing the bait up through water column. first one followed it right up to the surface befor he hit, second hit at around 40'. Seemed ,ike a decent place just out from the river which flows in from the north, just west of the island. Nice little drop off from 24-140 feet...lots of fish feeding on huge bait balls....little more ptactice and Ill have more info! Launching at the provincial park was easy, lots of parking.

fluxcore
07-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Wish I could hepl more. Me and Geezle hit it up for the first time last weekend ourselves and managed 2. We basically looked at the navico map, followed structure until we saw fish on the HDS, mostly huge bait balls, dropped down a large glow tube jig, or white bionnoc buck tail into the ball and started to jig bringing the bait up through water column. first one followed it right up to the surface befor he hit, second hit at around 40'. Seemed ,ike a decent place just out from the river which flows in from the north, just west of the island. Nice little drop off from 24-140 feet...lots of fish feeding on huge bait balls....little more ptactice and Ill have more info! Launching at the provincial park was easy, lots of parking.

Thanks Ill give it a go!

splake0
07-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Do a search of Cold Lake on this form. You questions have been answered numerous times.

Good Luck