PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on purchasing a new fly rod and reel.

biggamehunter
07-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey so the handle fell off of my redington crosswater reel and my rod tip snapped of of my fly rod so I need a new fly outfit. What's a good qualit outfit I can purchase for the cheapest price. I don't want to spend over $100. Any suggestions?

Lefty-Canuck
07-04-2011, 04:46 PM
WSS had Redington X-water rods on for $55.00 (almost half price) mostly 2-peice. As for a reel.....cheapest I have seen are the Amundson ones with 3 cartridges (also @ WSS) ($65ish)...can get a 5/6 or a 7/8....I picked up a 7/8 and it is ok, but I don't care for Amundson customer service on an un-related issue so I will not be throwing my support towards them again soon.

Also go check out "the Reel Doctor" he has some really good deals on new and used stuff in there. I bought a rod $50 and reel $30 (used one but barely used, complete with line and backing) hard to beat that.

LC

jts1
07-04-2011, 05:16 PM
If you get a TFO you will never have that issue again. Lifetime warranty no questions asked. And just above your price range ad well.

ÜberFly
07-04-2011, 05:30 PM
I've always had great exp. with Redington's warrantee with my CPS/CPX rods (replaced a couple of times with brand new rods), not sure what it's like for their Crosswater series... Worth a quick call to Redington...

P

Hey so the handle fell off of my redington crosswater reel and my rod tip snapped of of my fly rod so I need a new fly outfit. What's a good qualit outfit I can purchase for the cheapest price. I don't want to spend over $100. Any suggestions?

Lefty-Canuck
07-04-2011, 05:32 PM
I've always had great exp. with Redington's warrantee with my CPS/CPX rods (replaced a couple of times with brand new rods), not sure what it's like for their Crosswater series... Worth a quick call to Redington...

P

Uberfly, the Crosswater line is the only Redington line (I think the only one) without the limited lifetime warranty.....it is their "economical" line (I just picked up a 5WT from WSS and had a look at the Redington website while doing research on them). Still might be worth a call to see what they can do for you.

LC