PDA

View Full Version : Abu Garcia revo

Pike'n'walleye
07-05-2011, 12:14 AM
The picture explains it all I believe

Pike'n'walleye
07-05-2011, 12:17 AM
The reel is $240......for that much money you can get a shimano sustain..

BGSH
07-05-2011, 12:19 AM
umm dam that sucks man, my 30 doller shamano reel i have had for a year hasnt broke yet :)

Pike'n'walleye
07-05-2011, 12:20 AM
exactly. At least shimano puts some thought into what they make

Kokanee9
07-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Seeing as how you work there, shouldn't be a problem.

chubbdarter
07-05-2011, 12:40 AM
looks like a manufacturing defect....any company could be quilty of this once and awhile

Pike'n'walleye
07-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Seeing as how you work there, shouldn't be a problem.

I dont work there I asked one of the guys to send me the picture. But i wish I was there!

chubbdarter
07-05-2011, 12:45 AM
I dont work there I asked one of the guys to send me the picture. But i wish I was there!

im confussed.....someone sent you pics of your broken reel

Kokanee9
07-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Why not just keep the broken piece if you wanted a souvenir?

chubbdarter
07-05-2011, 01:00 AM
exactly. At least shimano puts some thought into what they make

that comment leads one to believe Abu doesnt put any thought into their reels......hmm..thats not true or fair

p.s. im a Quantum user

Pike'n'walleye
07-05-2011, 01:04 AM
that comment leads one to believe Abu doesnt put any thought into their reels......hmm..thats not true or fair

p.s. im a Quantum user

Well they made a reel that is over $200 and it has a plastic spool. At that price Pfueger made a carbonfibre spool. Quantums are decent...especially their baitcast reels

fordtruckin
07-05-2011, 01:06 AM
that blows!

Pike'n'walleye
07-05-2011, 01:08 AM
im confussed.....someone sent you pics of your broken reel

It is not my reel. another customer brought it in.

chubbdarter
07-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Well they made a reel that is over $200 and it has a plastic spool. At that price Pfueger made a carbonfibre spool. Quantums are decent...especially their baitcast reels

So why did you buy it?...how did it break?
Or is it yours?....if it isnt how do you know the cause?
Im confussed whats the reason for this thread....just to bash Abu?

Rockymtnx
07-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Well they made a reel that is over $200 and it has a plastic spool. At that price Pfueger made a carbonfibre spool.

Just incase you didn't know Abu & Pflueger are owned by the same company and come from the same factory. :)

chubbdarter
07-05-2011, 01:11 AM

hahaha im even more confussed....another customer broke it...you called the tackle shop asked them to take pics....and then you post on AO...with no explaination of cause

Pike'n'walleye
07-05-2011, 01:13 AM
hahaha im even more confussed....another customer broke it...you called the tackle shop asked them to take pics....and then you post on AO...with no explaination of cause

*facepalm* This is not the main point... What i am saying is that the reel is garbage. The guy assidently hooked into a sturgeon.

Pike'n'walleye
07-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Check this link out as well
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1076.0

Rockymtnx
07-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Check this link out as well
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1076.0

What does a baitcaster with a faulty part have to do with a spinning reel and a broken handle?
Not sure if you are just trying to say Abu has bad product or what. If thats the case I can email you pics of broken Quantum and Shimanos too.

Kokanee9
07-05-2011, 01:23 AM

Why would any store send pictures of a broken reel of one customer to a different customer? What store is this. I returned a reel to a store once, maybe they sent pictures to the other customers also.

NSRfishing
07-05-2011, 01:26 AM

p.s. im a Quantum user

love my Tour Edition PTi

chubbdarter
07-05-2011, 01:43 AM
going by the info provided... heres my theory...the customer had on 100lb test line and had his drag locked down to the max and had his rod pointed at the sturgeon.

NSRfishing
07-05-2011, 01:48 AM
going by the info provided... heres my theory...the customer had on 100lb test line and had his drag locked down to the max and had his rod pointed at the sturgeon.

must be some drag

Geezle
07-05-2011, 07:55 AM

Yup. Makes about as much sense as the rest of it.

FishGuy07
07-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Just incase you didn't know Abu & Pflueger are owned by the same company and come from the same factory. :)

Yes, they are owned by Pure Fishing. Pflueger Patriarch is made in China, Abu is made in Korea ... Have you seen a map of the world recently?

Jamie Black R/T
07-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Ive been using the cheapo cardinal line from Abu for years.

Then again...i dont abuse my stuff....might be something to look into for people who are having gear fail like this...spinning reels werent made to pry open paint cans with :sHa_sarcasticlol:

tacklerunner
07-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Yes, they are owned by Pure Fishing. Pflueger Patriarch is made in China, Abu is made in Korea ... Have you seen a map of the world recently?

Ummmm... Rockymtnx is a moderator on this forum and Pro Staff for a number of leading companies in the industry including the aforementioned. Just thought I'd let you know since you have 10 posts under your belt compared to his 7,400. :scared0018:

Gust
07-05-2011, 12:11 PM
What I find odd about the post is; most other threads are of a "What do you think about......?" tackle, lures, whatever, comparisson topics,, but, this one is about either, "this reel sucks!" or "Abu is a bad company!", but even odder (if that's a word), is that we're discussing a heresay based on a picture sent to someone. I doubt whatever the intention to discredit Abu on the quality of their reels will have any impact on Abu/Garcia/Pflueger but what was the intent of this post? I think I have a picture of a Daiwa where the handle was broken after 10,000 casts and another of a faulty bail on a Rapala reel (Rapala gave me a free reel and a, $80 fillet knife for my troubles),,, was Abu informed,,, it's not like the reels are handmade anymore,, maybe the die cast at the factory on that batch of reels wasn't receiving the right injection of aluminum alloy,, tell ABU not us,, or tell Rockymtnx, give him the serial number, I dunno,, or better yet, be creative and pose a question after some facts as to how this came to you and why you are posting it.

Odd post

Gust
07-05-2011, 12:20 PM

Ahhhh, there's the key,,, be very careful how you post things, the forums are not for your own climbing of the competitors ladder. If you want to do this, at least be truthful in your conquests/venture and become an AO Sponsor, then we will know where you are coming from.

FishGuy07
07-05-2011, 03:16 PM
What I find odd about the post is; most other threads are of a "What do you think about......?" tackle, lures, whatever, comparisson topics,, but, this one is about either, "this reel sucks!" or "Abu is a bad company!", but even odder (if that's a word), is that we're discussing a heresay based on a picture sent to someone. I doubt whatever the intention to discredit Abu on the quality of their reels will have any impact on Abu/Garcia/Pflueger but what was the intent of this post? I think I have a picture of a Daiwa where the handle was broken after 10,000 casts and another of a faulty bail on a Rapala reel (Rapala gave me a free reel and a, $80 fillet knife for my troubles),,, was Abu informed,,, it's not like the reels are handmade anymore,, maybe the die cast at the factory on that batch of reels wasn't receiving the right injection of aluminum alloy,, tell ABU not us,, or tell Rockymtnx, give him the serial number, I dunno,, or better yet, be creative and pose a question after some facts as to how this came to you and why you are posting it.

Odd post

Well said!

FishGuy07
07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Ummmm... Rockymtnx is a moderator on this forum and Pro Staff for a number of leading companies in the industry including the aforementioned. Just thought I'd let you know since you have 10 posts under your belt compared to his 7,400. :scared0018:

One more post for me but I realize I have a long way to go... are you still counting? :)

Paul C
07-05-2011, 04:13 PM
What does a baitcaster with a faulty part have to do with a spinning reel and a broken handle?
Not sure if you are just trying to say Abu has bad product or what. If thats the case I can email you pics of broken Quantum and Shimanos too.
Is the factory located in pacific rim ?

Paul C
07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
What I find odd about the post is; most other threads are of a "What do you think about......?" tackle, lures, whatever, comparisson topics,, but, this one is about either, "this reel sucks!" or "Abu is a bad company!", but even odder (if that's a word), is that we're discussing a heresay based on a picture sent to someone. I doubt whatever the intention to discredit Abu on the quality of their reels will have any impact on Abu/Garcia/Pflueger but what was the intent of this post? I think I have a picture of a Daiwa where the handle was broken after 10,000 casts and another of a faulty bail on a Rapala reel (Rapala gave me a free reel and a, $80 fillet knife for my troubles),,, was Abu informed,,, it's not like the reels are handmade anymore,, maybe the die cast at the factory on that batch of reels wasn't receiving the right injection of aluminum alloy,, tell ABU not us,, or tell Rockymtnx, give him the serial number, I dunno,, or better yet, be creative and pose a question after some facts as to how this came to you and why you are posting it.Odd post
Interesting comment. A lot of usa manufacturing has been done in the pacific rim countries. Die casting can be hard to do because it requires special heating and cooling times. Lots of suppliers are getting there parts built there because it is cheap and fast. Sometimes the dollar out ways the quality.

FishGuy07
07-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Interesting comment. A lot of usa manufacturing has been done in the pacific rim countries. Die casting can be hard to do because it requires special heating and cooling times. Lots of suppliers are getting there parts built there because it is cheap and fast. Sometimes the dollar out ways the quality.

Exactly! The thing with this particular (broken) reel is that it is not die-cast/aluminum.

Paul C
07-05-2011, 04:29 PM
I zoomed in on the photo. Is this made of plastic ?? If this is plastic I remember seeing a video of there method of recycling and to sum it up the smaller companys of no qc for there methods which is another reason why they out source there manufacturing to one those pacific rim company's.
Here is a you tube video that sums it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI

FishGuy07
07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
http://www.abu-garcia.com/products/reels/spinning-reels/revo/revo-premier

It is hard to say with this "NanoShield" technology. It sure feels like plastic. :)

Gust
07-05-2011, 08:07 PM
The pic is taken from the sales side of a sales-counter with other reels visible,, if you took the picture you are violating the internal confidentiality of the company representing the product,, if a salesperson sent you the pic, they are in violation too. It's neither here nor there. This thread is like a Chandler mystery set in Los Angeles after the oil boom. Anybody see Chinatown, great twisted mystery.

By the way, I really like Abu/Mitchell/Pflueger/Garcia,,,, almost the whole band "The Grateful Dead".

Rockymtnx
07-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Is the factory located in pacific rim ?
Yup sure is Paul. See below.......

Yeah actually I have seen a map of the World. I actually have also had the chance to tavel some of that map too.

Korea eh.......
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/rockymtnx/Fishing/IMG00390-20110705-1416.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/rockymtnx/Fishing/IMG00391-20110705-1417.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/rockymtnx/Fishing/IMG00395-20110705-1419.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/rockymtnx/Fishing/IMG00398-20110705-1420.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/rockymtnx/Fishing/IMG00396-20110705-1419.jpg

FishGuy07
07-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Good job, thank you! Now you post a picture of the Abu Garcia Revo Toro's (or any Abu low-profile bait-caster) box!

howlin
07-06-2011, 05:42 PM
5.4.3......:party0052:

Rockymtnx
07-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Good job, thank you! Now you post a picture of the Abu Garcia Revo Toro's (or any Abu low-profile bait-caster) box!

The only one I have in the house at the moment.

Not sure how long you wanna go on about this for but if you didn't catch it earlier I am a Pro Staff member for Abu. ;)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/rockymtnx/Fishing/IMG00402-20110707-0030.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/rockymtnx/Fishing/IMG00400-20110707-0029.jpg

FishGuy07
07-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Well, I have to admit I was confused. Could you, please, clarify something? Are ALL Abu Garcia baitcast reels (low-profile and round) made in China and nothing is made in Korea?

Gust
07-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Well, I have to admit I was confused. Could you, please, clarify something? Are ALL Abu Garcia baitcast reels (low-profile and round) made in China and nothing is made in Korea?

maybe pike'n'walleye can look over all the reels while he's at work

Dak1138
07-07-2011, 04:51 PM

congrats. i think you are the only person to ever admit that they could be incorrect about something on this forum.

Kokanee9
07-07-2011, 05:56 PM
maybe pike'n'walleye can look over all the reels while he's at work

lol

calgarygringo
07-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Maybe I am lucky or they are old enough to miss the China thing. I have 2 Abu Garcia Ambassadeurs on my desk and they are both clearly marked made in weden. So does that mean they are any better?

Paul C
07-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I have friend who asked a supplier in asia how much to build window washing device. The total cost was 1.81 dollars including the freight cost ( 40 foot trailer)
He then supplied CT with these and they bought them at 6.5 dollars and CT sold them for 19.99 dollars. The profits are huge and that is why north america cannot compete with them.
So the question remains would you pay more money for a north american product or Canadian built product. I think I like the idea of supporting our own economy.
The fly fishing industry is getting most of there flies from Kenya because its cheap. It took me a year to find a good fly manfacturer and he is based in Alberta. I have no issue with paying more because I am supporting his economy.
Cheers.....................................

FishGuy07
07-08-2011, 01:02 PM
How about that, eh.... :)

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=37320&stc=1&d=1310151543

FishGuy07
07-08-2011, 01:05 PM
congrats. i think you are the only person to ever admit that they could be incorrect about something on this forum.

Thank you! It looks like everybody is correct! Isn't that nice?