PDA

View Full Version : Norther AB, Fish'in Trip

maximus01can
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Howdy,

Newbie to the forum and Northern AB, fishing so I could use some help from y'all in the know. Heading out for a trip to either Northern AB or SK for a week from Calgary with the boys. Don't really have any idea on where to go up north. Would go as far as Peace River country if there was a habitual hot spot. Thinking of pulling the RV up from cowtown, but would cosider cabins if available. Just poking around and trying to get some ideas on where might be a great spot to go. We'd like to find the main 3 (pike, perch and wally's) but anything extra would be great as well. As far as camping goes got a 29ft 5th whl so can't really drag it through too much crap. Also power would be nice, but have a honda 3000 IS so not a show stopper. Any and all recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Max

Mikediz
07-05-2011, 12:24 PM
if you have a boat i would suggest calling lake just north of athabasca. excellent walleye fishing and your even allowed to keep a couple

maximus01can
07-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Sorry, didn't include the fact that we have a boat.

Cheers,
Darren

Rigby
07-05-2011, 01:08 PM
if you have a boat i would suggest calling lake just north of athabasca. excellent walleye fishing and your even allowed to keep a couple

X2 there are some real trophies in there aswell.