PDA

View Full Version : where is cornation pond?

KDderAngler
07-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Do you guys know where this pond is?
According to the reg book, itīs supposed to be in whatershed unit PP2. but when i google it,all i find is "Coronation pond" ,with an "o", and the town of coronation,which is east of red deer.
So, is it printed wrong in the reg book or what??

KDderAngler
07-06-2011, 06:11 AM
????? anyone

Bushmaster
07-06-2011, 06:14 AM
There is a pond north of Coronation....I think it's called Huber Pond? Stocked with rainbows.

Bushmaster
07-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Just googledit....it's actually called Huber Dam.

Overdrawn
07-06-2011, 07:00 AM
No no no, it's not Huber. North end of town beside the Rodeo grounds. You have to drive into town head north on the main street an follow it to the rodeo grounds and it's right ther. I used to live there and fished it alot lots of nice perch and some really good size pike. But they have blue stoned it since then and reintroduced trout. I think the perch and pike survived it. Not sure what the fishing is like now but it used to be awesome. Biggest pike I seen come out of that little pond was 22lbs and lots that were in that 10lbs range and some good 12" perch too. But that was 12 years ago.

Flyfisher87
07-06-2011, 07:28 AM
No no no, it's not Huber. North end of town beside the Rodeo grounds. You have to drive into town head north on the main street an follow it to the rodeo grounds and it's right ther. I used to live there and fished it alot lots of nice perch and some really good size pike. But they have blue stoned it since then and reintroduced trout. I think the perch and pike survived it. Not sure what the fishing is like now but it used to be awesome. Biggest pike I seen come out of that little pond was 22lbs and lots that were in that 10lbs range and some good 12" perch too. But that was 12 years ago.

You are right. North end of town on the west side of the road. There used to be a campground there. Not sure anymore. The limits for the pond is as follows:

Trout limit: 5
Perch limit: 15
Pike limit: 3 ( no size limit)

Not sure how many pike and perch are left since they blue stoned it. Nor do I know what size rainbows are coming out if there. Been 15 years or so since I last fished it myself.

Redfrog
07-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Nice little pond. Stocked with trout. I doubt there are still perch in there. the only pike I've heard of was one good one a few years ago through the ice. There is a campground as well as a playground for kiddies.

I hardly see anyone there. Boats ok no motors.

I know a lucky bugger who has a grand daughter there. She's 4 years old today and we are gonna PARTTEEEEE!!!1:sHa_shakeshout:

Bushmaster
07-06-2011, 09:03 AM
KD. see how I used psychology to get you an answer....no one would help but as soon as I answered incorrectly...they jump all over it !! LMAO !! :D :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Overdrawn
07-06-2011, 05:36 PM
They forgot that when they drained the dam, that on the other side of the hiway there was a dugout connected to it. Everyone that I know say they are still catching perch and pike and aswell as trout to. They shur ruined a good fishery there.

KDderAngler
07-06-2011, 08:24 PM
KD. see how I used psychology to get you an answer....no one would help but as soon as I answered incorrectly...they jump all over it !! LMAO !! :D :sHa_sarcasticlol:

:) it sure helped,thanks bud.

Bushmaster
07-06-2011, 09:12 PM
No problem, kinda like fishing....you just gotta put it out there and see what bites.:sHa_shakeshout:

OD,did they drain Huber Dam?

Redfrog
07-06-2011, 09:47 PM
They forgot that when they drained the dam, that on the other side of the hiway there was a dugout connected to it. Everyone that I know say they are still catching perch and pike and aswell as trout to. They shur ruined a good fishery there.

What fishery was ruined?

BTW I stopped there today. Man it was hot and tons of mosquitos. I didn't fish , but watched a guy catch a pike. About 8 inches. His partner/son took it and stepped on it before releasing it into a garbage container on the bank. I asked what it was. He said 'Just a garbage jack":thinking-006:

Overdrawn
07-06-2011, 10:38 PM
For a small pond to produce pike of that quality and perch of that size around that country. And they turn around and blue stone and drain the dam so that some old coffin dodger can sit on the bank and fish on the bottom with cheese. I was there for the town meeting when they decided to blue stone and 3 old fart that are probably pushin daisy's made the decision because no one came to the meeting. There was an awesome fishery with 15lbs plus pike and 2lbs perch. Never seen something so redundant in my life. Well I'm just glad to say I'm not born and raised there just spent part of my younger years there because of my dads job. And yes for a small pond of that size it is amazing to produce fish like that.

KDderAngler
07-07-2011, 05:57 AM
thats too bad, I would have liked to try that pond,but i guess its not worth the drive for me anymore...:mad3:

Redfrog
07-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks Overdrawn. I getcha now. I'm a little slow being a coffin dodger and all.:)

It is a nice little pond rather than the usual dugouts a lot of little towns have. I"d sooner see something other than trout in at least a few of these ponds. This one looks like it would be a good one for Bass.:)