PDA

View Full Version : Huge trout

Gust
07-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Ok, so who is new to flyfishing and needs a spot in Cowtown? It's not the Bow or a horse place, super user friendly, perfect for practicing all-condition types and fly presentation,,, Or Better yet,, if there are people who teach and would like a spot for 2 or 3 newbies and it's public. Just saw two fish breach the surface and one did the surface to air missile launch and was a good 6 pounds. sadly I can't post the location on the open forum, so PM me if you are a new flyfolk and I'll give you the location,, or 5 people max and you can't just write and say where's the spot,, tell me where abouts you've been exploring and how long and such. Crazy little pond and nice change up of water year round. It says no skating, swimming and walking on the ice but nothing about belly boats, canoes or rafts or fishing. a neighbor says a guy comes now and then and thinks the trout are browns.:)

jts1
07-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Hey tell me so I can post it on my map till it's fished out. :medium-smiley-035:

Thinking you will be busy with some pm's for a while.

Gust
07-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Hey tell me so I can post it on my map till it's fished out. :medium-smiley-035:

Thinking you will be busy with some pm's for a while.

I would PM it to you but it's only, maybe 3 acres but about 40 feet deep And would get slaughtered if made public.

commieboy
07-06-2011, 12:43 AM
It's really nice to see that you are willing to share this with people. Good job, Mahler. I hope someone deserving benefits.

Gust
07-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks Pinko,,, I should add; if you have kids between the ages of 10 and 16 and would like to teach them without clambering about near a current then this is perfect.

C@RN@GE
07-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Ok, so who is new to flyfishing and needs a spot in Cowtown? It's not the Bow or a horse place, super user friendly, perfect for practicing all-condition types and fly presentation,,, Or Better yet,, if there are people who teach and would like a spot for 2 or 3 newbies and it's public. Just saw two fish breach the surface and one did the surface to air missile launch and was a good 6 pounds. sadly I can't post the location on the open forum, so PM me if you are a new flyfolk and I'll give you the location,, or 5 people max and you can't just write and say where's the spot,, tell me where abouts you've been exploring and how long and such. Crazy little pond and nice change up of water year round. It says no skating, swimming and walking on the ice but nothing about belly boats, canoes or rafts or fishing. a neighbor says a guy comes now and then and thinks the trout are browns.:)

Good idea tell a couple people here and in a couple weeks your be looking for a new spot agian.

Gust
07-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Good idea tell a couple people here and in a couple weeks your be looking for a new spot agian.

Firstly, I do choose with prejudice who will receive the info and I've a goldmine of spots from years of exploring and I'm never stumped for "Where to go?", my motto is "What do I want?", my rods are ready to go for all fishing type and beleive it or not, I've garnered enough respect that nobody has abused my rule of passing info forward. Sometimes it's best to beleive that people will respect the honor system.

The first letter I got, I turned the person down but will offer up some other spots in lieu. I also know by his previous posts that he is of an upmost character/outdoorsman/steward, so all is good.:)

FishingMOM
07-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Firstly, I do choose with prejudice who will receive the info and I've a goldmine of spots from years of exploring and I'm never stumped for "Where to go?", my motto is "What do I want?", my rods are ready to go for all fishing type and beleive it or not, I've garnered enough respect that nobody has abused my rule of passing info forward. Sometimes it's best to beleive that people will respect the honor system.

The first letter I got, I turned the person down but will offer up some other spots in lieu. I also know by his previous posts that he is of an upmost character/outdoorsman/steward, so all is good.:)

Good on you for encouraging folks as you have.
Even better that you are watching what information you give out.

Braun
07-06-2011, 09:20 AM

nice contribution, thanks for posting

Braun
07-06-2011, 09:22 AM
i still need to catch something bigger than 10inches on a flyrod.

npauls
07-06-2011, 12:13 PM
i still need to catch something bigger than 10inches on a flyrod.

come down south and hunt for some good sized trout in the near future. I am hoping to start getting out quite a bit with the fly rod and have some nice quiet spots that usually hold some decent fish.

Dust1n
07-06-2011, 12:15 PM
how about the canels?

vettedreamer
07-06-2011, 12:26 PM
may Carma come your way ..happy fishing:sSig_cool2:

Braun
07-06-2011, 12:36 PM
come down south and hunt for some good sized trout in the near future. I am hoping to start getting out quite a bit with the fly rod and have some nice quiet spots that usually hold some decent fish.

im going to be comming down there this year but it wont be for fly fishing. it will be to fish chin

Gust
07-07-2011, 01:11 AM
To those I said no to, it was more that your able to get out and about and presents promised to the no-group are forthcoming (I wrote a word document and lost it as I left my laptop unplugged for too long),,, so I have to do a copy/paste thing all over again, grrr!

Gust
07-12-2011, 01:00 PM
To those I said no to, it was more that your able to get out and about and presents promised to the no-group are forthcoming (I wrote a word document and lost it as I left my laptop unplugged for too long),,, so I have to do a copy/paste thing all over again, grrr!

After this post I received 6 more posts and now have two dozen people I've promised (kid friendly) spots for in and around Calgary. So instead of sending 24 people the same 1 or 2 spot's, I'm figuring out how to accomodate everyone with out making a "Festival" location. My apologies for seeming like a flake.

Off thread
My Father and I, were to be on a Lake exploration today, we've been planning it for a week, like giddy school kids looking for a lost treasure (honestly, it's kind of pathetic). Sadly the skies ended those plans (didn't want to get stuck at a place literally not on the map). Which brings up this point; big storms up yonder can make your sunny downstream spot quite dangerous and quick,,, be careful out there till Friday,, especially those on the lower Sheep and Lower Highwood.

loopyalcsel
07-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Quick guess......... is it the Shriners Club of Calgary pond?

Gust
07-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Quick guess......... is it the Shriners Club of Calgary pond?

nope,, quick note I've been fishing Calgary for 35 years, and who woulda thunk.