PDA

View Full Version : Fish Quests

TyreeUM
07-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Anyone have any quests for a certain species or sub-species of fish that they would love to knock of the list? I would imagine most trout fisherman would love to nail a searun brown from south america, or a monster taimen, but what about fish here in North America that you are planning on taking a trip to catch before you die? I got to cross one off my list 2 years ago and it was an epic moment for me when I finally landed one.

Blueback Trout
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=906&pictureid=3209

The next one on my list is a gila trout.

Gust
07-06-2011, 12:47 AM
When I was younger and more nimble I had dreams of many fish type but now I'm just happy with what I've caught, though I hear oarfish and broadbill are something else but once again I think I'm too weak for them brutes. Ope, I've never caught a catfish and all these River Monster shows have got me thinking,,, so Wells Catfish.

Gust
07-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Anyone have any quests for a certain species or sub-species of fish that they would love to knock of the list? I would imagine most trout fisherman would love to nail a searun brown from south america, or a monster taimen, but what about fish here in North America that you are planning on taking a trip to catch before you die? I got to cross one off my list 2 years ago and it was an epic moment for me when I finally landed one.

Blueback Trout
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=906&pictureid=3209

The next one on my list is a gila trout.

Hey, you have two left hands, neat!!!

TyreeUM
07-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Hey, you have two left hands, neat!!!

haha that is my wife's hand, she went with me...

outdoors forever
07-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Local ( Alberta ) wishlist:

Grayling ( don't know why....just want one! )

Sturgeon ( gonna get me a dinosaur someday! )

:)

chubbdarter
07-06-2011, 01:02 AM
100lb+ Squab

commieboy
07-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Nice fish, Tyree.

I'm often out with my wife as well and she's usually the first to hook in to something.

Never heard of blue back or gila trout. Guess I'll google them after this.

Like Outdoors Forever, I aslo want a greyling. Pretty looking fish.

I would also like a cutthroat..... being eaten by a bull while I pull them in. Man, that would just be too cool!

npauls
07-06-2011, 01:20 AM
There is only 2 species left in Alberta that I need to cross off of the list.

They are golden trout and grayling. I may make a few day trip up north if possible sometime this season to cross the grayling off of the list but I don't think I will have a chance at goldens unless I can somehow afford a heli trip up to one of the alpine golden lakes.

commieboy
07-06-2011, 02:57 AM
What about barnaby lake? There are goldens there, and I've heard the hike in is gorgeous and just over two hours. If you start early and allow for lots of breaks.....

DaveFish
07-06-2011, 04:28 AM
Golden and tiger trout, those and noodling for catfish and I can die happy.

Scott N
07-06-2011, 04:31 AM
Golden trout would be at the top of my list, and I'm hoping to strike that one off this year. Getting into a huge muskie would be pretty awesome too!

I'm embarrassed to say that I've never caught a walleye :sHa_sarcasticlol:, so I'll try PCR this year and give that a try. I've never caught a lake trout either:sign0161:.

gonefishin
07-06-2011, 08:06 AM
For now, I just want a Lake trout and Golden trout... then my "Alberta Slam" is done. Well, for the common fish anyway, after that I will work on the Dolly, Quebec Red and other not-so-commons.

TyreeUM
07-06-2011, 08:15 AM
yeah I really want to catch an alberta golden trout. I have caught palomino trout in north carolina but never a true golden. I have a buddy from back in Maine that is planning on coming out either this fall or next fall so we can check that off the list as well.

Dust1n
07-06-2011, 10:18 AM
good job thats a cool lookin trout

Speckle55
07-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Red River catfish/Golden trout/Apache/Tiger then of course Inconnu/Artic Char/True Dolly Varden:sHa_shakeshout: David

geo
07-06-2011, 11:44 AM
I'd like to go find meself an Aurora Trout.

Braun
07-06-2011, 12:02 PM
this year for me are:

Greyling, sturgeon, bull trout, and if im lucky / can find the time char or gold trout

npauls
07-06-2011, 12:09 PM
What about barnaby lake? There are goldens there, and I've heard the hike in is gorgeous and just over two hours. If you start early and allow for lots of breaks.....

Ya My buddy hikes into barnaby once a year but with my back problems and waiting for surgery I wouldn't be able to make the hike. I really hope once my surgery is done that I will be able to get back to a normal life and start my hiking again, but there is always that chance that it won't be the same as it was before the injury.