PDA

View Full Version : Scented soft plastics for walleye.

biggamehunter
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm thinking about trying scented soft plastics for walleye on a jig head. What model or lure gets you the best results. Berkley power minnows, mister twister sassy shads, Power pogys... Etc. Need something that works really well. So what do you prefer to use?

horsetrader
07-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm thinking about trying scented soft plastics for walleye on a jig head. What model or lure gets you the best results. Berkley power minnows, mister twister sassy shads, Power pogys... Etc. Need something that works really well. So what do you prefer to use?

Yum salted baits

Willowtrail
07-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Trigger X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvbkYRIbGUM

After seeing this video I had to give it a try. Was happy with it.

prodogg02
07-06-2011, 07:47 PM
1+ on white yum and the black tail ones with yellow white body

jeprli
07-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Find kinami grubs by gary yamamoto at BPS, smoke with red flakes is good as well as silver/white. Scented/salted and biodegradable but will not dry out like gulp or trigger x if out of packaging for longer time.

Geezle
07-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I've had really good luck with the Berkley 3" Ripple Shads in the NSR. I've had the most luck with the pearl colored ones, followed very closely by the firetiger pattern.

Alberta Bigbore
07-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Berkley Gulp! is awesome on walleyes

NSRfishing
07-06-2011, 11:47 PM
ripple shads are great that trigger x walleye video is great are those sauger in the tank?

Braun
07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Very interesting indeed. The most interesting is the retention time. I would like to see how that would have turned out in comparison to a dead bait like a frozen minnow. or a sogy one thats been thawed and sitting in a tub. These type of experiments really need to use a control. but really interesting non the less.

Made me start to watch some of the other videos on there for walleye fishing. some good info but not always applicable to our waters. any tournament walleye guys care to weigh in on softbaits? obviously there is a time and place for everything and softbaits are probably no exception.