PDA

View Full Version : Good Samaritans

iluvfishin
07-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone, I have a story to share and maybe some of you have had similiar things happen. My wife has decided to "join 'em if you cant beat 'em" and learn to flyfish. Last night we decided because the Bow was still a little high we would hit the 3rd pond at Carburn for some casting practice. Its a good 15min walk if you park in the parking lot. Well when we decided on a spot, I veered off the path-she followed and her first step was into a big gopher hole.She rolled her ankle really bad, that foot had been broke before so needless to say she was in a lot of pain, crying and on the verge of throwing up, she held it together long enough to let me carry her up to Glenmore Tr. A couple walking past saw her in obvious pain, I gave them the thumbs up thinking there wasn't much they could do. I told my gal I would walk back to get the car, do a 15 min drive so that I could pick her up off Glenmore instead of her having to do a one legged hop to the parking lot, she didn't want to be piggybacked,lol. I was just heading off when a honk came from Glenmore, the couple who had saw us went and got there van and came around to get us!! Without me asking or really having talked to us. I am guessing my wife would have there for a good half hour or more in pain if not for these kind souls. If anyone out there knows Pierre, his dog Cole and I missed his wifes name, you are very lucky. They are good people. Honey will be OK, purple and swollen today but she says when she thinks about that couple it hurts a little less.

5Weight
07-06-2011, 07:30 PM
:happy0034:

Sorry to hear about the accident, but great to hear about the help. Thanks for the story. Good to hear!

chubbdarter
07-06-2011, 08:02 PM
feel good story...thanks for sharing

Kingfisher
07-06-2011, 08:06 PM
I always am of the belief that most people in this world are decent people and will lend a hand when the opportuntiy. Koodos for these people for lending a hand. Hope your wife recovers and gets out fishing again soon.

My mother had a similar incident about 4 years ago she was walking along a rural subdivision in the winter. There is a small field that is about 200 yards across that she had to cross. This route is often traveled and even in the middle of winter the path is well worn down. Right near the end of the path she slipped and broke her ankle. She was about 100 yards from a house and 150 yards from a church. She looked at the home and there didn't appear to be anyone home. So with her broken ankle she slid on her butt all the way over to the church. Turned out there was someone home. They came rushing out when they saw my mom and brought a blanket for her to sit on. They called 911, got an ambulance for her and stayed with her until she was safely in their care. Nice to see there are decent people in this world.

Rob

sureshot
07-06-2011, 08:11 PM
After the lousy day I've that story lifted my spirits. Good to know there are still some decent people out there.

Andy

iluvfishin
07-06-2011, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=Kingfisher;1002697]I always am of the belief that most people in this world are decent people and will lend a hand when the opportuntiy.

I would have to agree, but I think maybe in the "big city" people are a little more afraid to get involved. This incident really surprised me. If we all watched out for each other a little more, whether its reporting a poacher and protecting our resources or going out of your way to help a stranger we all get to have that good feeling. I have always been one to lend a hand and it seems the whole "pay it forward" idea came full circle for me.