PDA

View Full Version : Rock Lake Hinton

deltravers
07-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Could any of you tell me if there is a HP restriction on Rock Lake? Also what is the boat launch like? Was planning on going camping/fishing there tomorrow night for the weekend.

Thanks

stuartmcgrandle
07-06-2011, 11:13 PM
was there a few years back, good boat launch and definetly a speed restriction, trying to remember if there was an electric motor only as well... check campground guide for that info

pipco
07-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Last time I was there a very small sign by the registration box said electric motors only. Boat launch at the east end would probably be better for bigger boats, the north shore launch is fairly steep and narrow. Road in should be interesting with all the rain out that way. Be sure to check your regs. Have fun and be safe.

big stack
07-07-2011, 07:53 AM
I was there a few weeks ago for the first time and there were no signs about speed restrictions or electric motors at the north boat launch. Fishin was pretty slow then.

seahawkfisher
07-08-2011, 09:40 PM
no regs on speed there. boat launch works; as of the last time i went out there(middle of last summer), the concrete launch was wrecked, but you could launch from the gravel no prob - just need to angle your trailer into the hole after the messed up concrete blocks.

cheers