PDA

View Full Version : Lower Kananaskis Lake...Canoeing?

msk
07-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Just heading out to K-Country to tent this weekend with my boys and saw that Boulton Creek Rentals rents canoes and other stuff, and was wondering how lower/upper K lakes would be to canoe in (safety, waves, etc.). Has anyone done it before? I would think it would be a great way to get on some more fish as opposed to shore fishing.....

Scott N
07-08-2011, 10:50 AM
The thing you would have to watch for is the wind, but otherwise, people canoe them all the time.

Scotty P.
07-08-2011, 10:55 AM
The thing you would have to watch for is the wind, but otherwise, people canoe them all the time.

X10! As long as the wind isn't too bad you guy's should have a great time!

msk
07-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Excellent, thanks for the replies. Now, I just have to see if I can find a campsite to pitch the tent!!

Freerider
07-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Interlakes is a great campground have tented there a few times its right on the lower lake and a 5 min drive to the upper. canoe'd the upper last time I was there had a great day.

Albertadiver
07-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I canoed the lower lake, had a great time 2 years ago. There is a tent only campground on the North side of the lower lake too. Another option on the upper lake is to canoe to the backcountry site called the Point. I've camped there too and hiked in.

ironbadger
07-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I believe you still need to stay away from the north end of lower lake. Saw a few moose out there the other day. Can get a bit windy at times.

Daceminnow
07-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I believe you still need to stay away from the north end of lower lake. Saw a few moose out there the other day. Can get a bit windy at times.

what exactly do you mean by this? is that grizz bear still hanging around there, and causing problems? mountain lakes, weather can move in quick. when the wind blows it can get nasty, but we've had many calm days on both lakes as well.

a mill pond morning on the lower.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_1833.jpg

and a really choppy morning on the upper. fishing was much better this day.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_1976.jpg