PDA

View Full Version : would people be interested in seeing a hobie kayak fishing demo day?

fishing101
07-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Hi guys,
I am trying to find out if there would be interested in attending a hobie kayak demo day. It would be around the end of august maybe on the bow or a lake in the calgary area.

What type of things would you like to see at the demo days?

would you be interested in more how they relate to fishing or recreation?

would you like to see a full rigged fishing kayak with a stand up spinning and fly fishing demo to show how stable some of them are.

I am just trying to get a feel for what people would be interested in.

thanks

NSRfishing
07-08-2011, 06:21 PM
i would like to see that decked out for fishing have been thinking about buying kayak for nsr just dont know how hard it would be to paddle upstream.

would a hobie kayak with the pedals i think its called mirage take you up a current

fishing101
07-08-2011, 07:19 PM
it probably would. You could also get a trolling motor put on it. Check out bassyak. They have kits for them and look amazing.

greylynx
07-08-2011, 08:15 PM
The guy that sells Hobies in Edmonton was trying to set up a demo day.
What happened there?

NSRfishing
07-08-2011, 08:36 PM
The guy that sells Hobies in Edmonton was trying to set up a demo day.
What happened there?

where are hobies sold in edmonton?

greylynx
07-08-2011, 09:02 PM
This is the place

http://glenmoresailboats.com/?page_id=49

fishing101
07-08-2011, 09:23 PM
you would be impressed how stable the hobie pro angler is and the amount of gear you can hold. Nice thing is that you can hold six rods inside the boat no rod holders needed. Also, will hold rods up to 9'6, for the fly guys.

greylynx
07-09-2011, 03:58 PM
I am looking at an outback quite seriously. I would be using it on Lesser Slave Lake.

npauls
07-09-2011, 05:25 PM
I have been checking them out lately and would be interested to test out a full fishing rigged up yak. I will be using it for fly fishing trout and chucking gear at perch and walleyes if I were to get one.

fishing101
07-09-2011, 06:28 PM
The boats work well out in the ocean, so they would do well on slave. Which is a small ocean. Nice this is that you can feel the walleye bite and if you get on a school you can use a spike angler right through the middle of the boat and will hold you still. You can either make them or buy one, but can get them up to 8 ft. Great for standing and casting and don't have to worry about drifting off the spot.

Also, there is going to be a brand new fishing model released at icast this week in vegas.