PDA

View Full Version : Walker Downrigger Wiring diagram and Install

sapper3
07-08-2011, 10:22 PM
New to the world of boating and trolling. I just purchased from TFH a pair of Walker Chinook Tournament Downriggers. Does anyone have a diagram on how to hook them up to my batteries? Also can someone explain where and how to install the 30amp fuse? Also should I use the batteries in the boat of use a separate battery for the down riggers? I will be installing them on a 2011 Crestliner Super Hawk. Which I purchased from Free Spirit Marine and pick up tomorrow.

splake0
07-09-2011, 05:35 AM
Hook them up directly to the battery. Ensure you put the inline fuse in. I used a fish tape to route 10 gauge wire to where I wanted them. I hooked the to my main battery because I troll with my 90 Hp Honda and it recharges the battery as I trol. If you need more advise PM me with your phone number and I'll give you a call.

Congratulations on your purchase. They are fine riggers and you'll get many many years of enjoyment out of them.

sapper3
07-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Splako
Thanks for the info. I will give it a try the directions with walker are ok. I just want to do this right and once.

-JR-
07-09-2011, 08:34 AM
he he ,sounds like you know what you are doing ! You just want to rub it in ,that you bought one of the best down riggers out there.
Congrats and let us know how they pull in those large lakers.