PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the S.S.R. July8

Dale S
07-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Got out to the S.S.R. and it was slow fishing. We only caught 3 chubbs 1 sucker and 1 small sturgeon. The chubbs must have been thick you could not keep your bait on.

We had a scarey scene when a buddy threw down a smoke and went to step on it when all the cotton from the trees went up in flames. With the wind we had that stuff was like gas burning. There was no way of stoping it.Luckly there is a road that stop it. Could have got a lot worse in a short time. Be careful around all that cotton.

TyreeUM
07-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Got out to the S.S.R. and it was slow fishing. We only caught 3 chubbs 1 sucker and 1 small sturgeon. The chubbs must have been thick you could not keep your bait on.

We had a scarey scene when a buddy threw down a smoke and went to step on it when all the cotton from the trees went up in flames. With the wind we had that stuff was like gas burning. There was no way of stoping it.Luckly there is a road that stop it. Could have got a lot worse in a short time. Be careful around all that cotton.

those flathead chubs are gross haha

Albertafisher
07-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Nice fish -- Even those chubs haha, Congrats!

Alberta Bigbore
07-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Nice fish !

the local angler
07-09-2011, 02:02 PM
good to hear, i fished the red deer recently and caught some goldeyes and also tons of those chubs. at least the chubs are also fun to catch.

Dust1n
07-09-2011, 02:04 PM

i never caught or even seen a chubb in canada congratz

TyreeUM
07-09-2011, 03:10 PM
i never caught or even seen a chubb in canada congratz

whatttt?

ORVIS
07-09-2011, 03:14 PM
lol

pickrel pat
07-09-2011, 04:54 PM
i never caught or even seen a chubb in canada congratzthe big river systems are full of them. in the peace while pickrel rigging half the fish you catch are chubb.

jacenbeers
07-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I was there fishing with a friend this morning but we didnt go to the Forks, we went up a ways near the Forks and fished the Oldman.

We caught 5 goldeye, 2 chubbs, 2 nice sturgeons and 3 suckers. We fished for about 4 hours. It was pretty awesome. I had no idea what the chubbs were but now I know. They were thick though because we lost so much bait and had no idea what was eating it.

WayneChristie
07-09-2011, 06:08 PM
I was there fishing with a friend this morning but we didnt go to the Forks, we went up a ways near the Forks and fished the Oldman.

We caught 5 goldeye, 2 chubbs, 2 nice sturgeons and 3 suckers. We fished for about 4 hours. It was pretty awesome. I had no idea what the chubbs were but now I know. They were thick though because we lost so much bait and had no idea what was eating it.

sure they were goldeye not mooneyes? all I seem to catch around there are mooneyes

SonnyJ
07-09-2011, 06:11 PM
those flathead chubs are gross haha

Some say they make good bait for "real" fish...:)

Dust1n
07-09-2011, 08:04 PM
the big river systems are full of them. in the peace while pickrel rigging half the fish you catch are chubb.

never used bait in the river systems just lures