PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Camping/Fishing trip to Carson Lake

Alberta Record Holder
07-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Planning a trip to Carson lake in a few weeks. Just me and the wife and Im not really familiar with the campground there. Just wondering if there are campsites that are right close to the water where i could pull my little
14 foot up to shore right there? We'll be camping in a tent trailer as well.
Power is not a necessity but would be nice. Plus is there anywhere to get a map of the campground? Thanks everyone. :fishing:

ladyjig
07-09-2011, 02:51 PM
You want to camp in the horseshoe sites. first come first served no reservations. they have a nice dock on the far side you can probably tie your boat there for the night and hopefully get a spot close to it. go before weekend comes Thursday? or during the week to have your pick of campsite. very nice campground and excellent trout lake if you know how to catch em.....good luck hope this helps. T

TrollGRG
07-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Here is their site

http://carsonpegasus.com/

We were there last week. Great place - going to go again. Very nice sites and all a good size. The peninsula and loop A has power but even the non-power sites are quite nice. You will find that the peninsula will be quite busy with the BIG moter homes and trailers. The launch, store, washrooms and showers are really good.

You should have a great time.

HunterDave
07-09-2011, 03:26 PM
We used to tent there as a family all of the time and we did exactly what you want to do. By the time that I launched the boat and pulled it on shore near the campsite my wife and daughter would have the tent up. Then we'd go for a walk to pick up the truck/boat trailer at the launch. If you are lucky you can get a site close enough to see your boat from. Have fun! :sHa_shakeshout:

Alberta Record Holder
07-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I posted a pic of the campground. (Not sure if its recent)
Where bouts you think is the best place to camp and be close to water.
Where are the horseshoe sites?

Plus what you think is the best thing to use to catch some rainbows.
http://carsonpegasus.com/images/CarsonCampMap.jpg

Thanks a lot!

HunterDave
07-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I used to try to get into the "D" sites closest to the lake or the "E" sites. If I remember correctly the "F" sites are higher up and there's a steep slope to the water. :)

Paul C
07-09-2011, 08:26 PM
D and E sites are close to the water and you can park your boat just below the camp sites. There is also access to the fishing spots via the trails. This same path will also connect to the grocery store, seawall and main boat launch.
The boat rentals are around 35 dollars per hour and they ask for your boaters operators ticket. Loop 143-152 has a beach there with power. Be advised that black bears are on the move.
Little McLeod lake has white fish and pike and is a short drive from camp ground.
The fly to use is the beaded olive green woolly bugger. Lots of fun catching those trout.

mudbug
07-09-2011, 08:54 PM
it's great place to go, have fun :)

deanmc
07-10-2011, 01:09 AM
There are sites in the 170-181 that you are able to beach your boat right at your site.Call the campground and they will be happy to tell which ones. It is tough to drive in and get one of the power sites though. Usually there are people waiting for those in non power sites.

Alberta Record Holder
07-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Ya thats the type of spot that im looking forward to getting. Do they reserve power sites? 170-181