PDA

View Full Version : Keely Lake Sask

Weavster
07-10-2011, 01:22 AM
Heading out to keely lake this next week for 5 days. Just woundering if anyones been out and if theres any praticualr spot or anything for walleye as well as some pike.

Thanks

bigdeer91
07-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Heading out to keely lake this next week for 5 days. Just woundering if anyones been out and if theres any praticualr spot or anything for walleye as well as some pike.

Thanks

its been a long time but if you head north west about3/4 of the way up the lake 1/2 mile or so from shore there's a ditch that runs east .i know its really good in the winter for eyes .
careful on that lake it can get relay ruff with 3 foot waves with a north wind.

if the fishing is slow there lode up and head to canoe lake about 45 minet drive north.west side resort.ask them about dog island big eyes there.or you can troll left or right of the dock.if you go to the right about a mile up there is a cabin or 2 from there to the point jigging works great.

as for hooks all i ever used in ether lake was a silver , yellow 5 of diamonds Canadian wiggler.

holp this helps.
stay safe and have fun.
ps if you are keeping any fish don't for get to leave a 2 inch patch of skin on them.

TyreeUM
07-10-2011, 01:05 PM
and if you want to change it up go fish fern or atchison - those lakes are unreal.

Bushmaster
07-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm sure you will do well on the walleye at Keeley.....

If you strike out, ask Wes if Mike is there and see if he will help you out.

fishhawk1850
07-12-2011, 10:40 PM
and if you want to change it up go fish fern or atchison - those lakes are unreal.

Me and my wife will be at Keely on the 18 th, are Fern and Atchison Trout lakes. Also can you get a larger boat into these lakes? Thanks Fishhawk 1850

TyreeUM
07-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Me and my wife will be at Keely on the 18 th, are Fern and Atchison Trout lakes. Also can you get a larger boat into these lakes? Thanks Fishhawk 1850

yes, trout lakes within 5 minutes of keely lake lodge...how big of a boat are we talkin here?

fishhawk1850
07-12-2011, 11:18 PM
yes, trout lakes within 5 minutes of keely lake lodge...how big of a boat are we talkin here?

18' 6'' Crestliner, Been in there on snow machine before but never in the summer and could not remember the name till I googled them.Thanks Fishhawk1850

TyreeUM
07-12-2011, 11:20 PM
18' 6'' Crestliner, Been in there on snow machine before but never in the summer and could not remember the name till I googled them.Thanks Fishhawk1850

atchison no for sure, and I think you will have a hard time at fern launching a boat of that size as well.

fishhawk1850
07-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks I guess we will have to drive in and check it out while we are there. We will be there for 4 days.Fishhawk

TyreeUM
07-12-2011, 11:31 PM
have a great trip.

fishhawk1850
07-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Thanks We always catch alot of fish at Keely and Canoe as well. As for fishing Keely just find the drop off about 3/4 mile off boat launch and troll back and forth or jig it, both work well. I just talked to the lodge and they said both walleye and pike are biteing well at Keely. Good luck and if you see a Black Fishhawk with a Suzuki on the back stop and say Hello. Fishhawk