PDA

View Full Version : Do we still have winter snow melt coming down with our high water streams?

greylynx
07-10-2011, 03:35 PM
If you look at the Alberta government river flows for this time of year, I think we still might have last winters snow melt mixing in with all this rain.

What do you guys figure?

pickrel pat
07-10-2011, 04:04 PM
yes, still high up melt going on.

Albertafisher
07-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I believe we do -- from the extreme heights of the mountains. But I'm not sure when it will stop... Pretty soon I think.

blackmamba
07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
still tons of snow in the high country , some of those basin I bet still have 6+ ft of snow in them !! On friday I was in the highwood pass and it was +3 and snowing ..

mamba

Albertadiver
07-10-2011, 09:27 PM
In the assiniboine valley, there is still 4+ feet of snow on the north facing slopes. Lots of snow still.

Geezle
07-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Judging by how the NSR is running compared to last year, I'd definitely say there's still some snowmelt coming down. At the current rate I'm hoping that the water may finally clear up sometime in October :o

Rick.
07-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Went over Willow Creek today and there wasn't more than a foot of visibility. Really surprised me. Rick.

1/2 oz Bucktail
07-11-2011, 08:37 AM
4 straight days of rain in the Grande Cache regio has lead to extreme water levels lately.

Mr.goldeye
07-11-2011, 09:16 AM
4 straight days of rain in the Grande Cache regio has lead to extreme water levels lately.

Yeah and last time I was there (july2) it looked like there was still a ton of snow on the moutains

bessiedog
07-11-2011, 11:01 AM
fished both 3 days ago.

in my opinion the castle by beaver mines to cowley was pretty much unfishable. i did drag a big streamer and got a hit, but the water is pretty high and cloudy.

we buzzed overnto the old man. it was just good enough to dryfly, so i think itll be ok now... thats if we dont get any thunderstorms here...

the crow is high and clear. you got to work for your dryfly.... but its worth it.

i might head out today... im recovering from the sinister 7 and my knees could use the cold water.

..... gettin old...

Aries
07-11-2011, 11:08 AM
I was out to Rough Creek (West and North of Rocky Mountain House) 2 weeks ago, and all the water out there was very high, fast and muddy. Hopped out there on Saturday to check conditions, and things are much better.

Gary K
07-11-2011, 11:14 AM
was out at picklejar on the weekend, stil la fair bit of snow up on some of those scree slopes as well. and some big drifts around part of the 3rd lake