PDA

View Full Version : Wild Horse Lake. Hinton,AB

supersheeter
07-10-2011, 08:30 PM
does anyone have any info on wild horse lake out by hinton,ab. lm thinking of taking a trip out there, ive never been there just wondering how the fishing is there.

SonnyJ
07-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I haven't been there this year but someone told me that it was winterkilled.

hairygrump
07-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I was out there last year around this time and the water was super low, the dock was about 20' back from the water. If its that low theres a good chance that it did winterkill.

supersheeter
07-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it.

Speckle55
07-13-2011, 12:32 PM
It did not have total winter kill .. the lake is low but may be this rain will help. it has rainbow and browns and was stocked. they are catching lots of little one's and every now and then a nice bow or brown then there is Kinky right next door and it has Brookies and lots of little ones but again every now and then a nice brookie and with them being Triplods last 2 stocks you never know in future.. the camp ground on Wildhorse is bookable and the wind can come up but it is a small lake ..enjoy.. Wildhorse 2 is right beside and has some brookies in it not sure how it wintered the last few years.. David:)

supersheeter
07-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the info Dave. lm lookin forward to checking it out. l will post when l get back how it went. Cheers!