PDA

View Full Version : South Ram River Alberta

TheYoungFlyFisherman
07-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey i was thinking about heading up to the South Ram one of these days to come soon. Does anyone know the conditions or water level? Hows the fishing and if not possible right now, how long am i looking to have to wait?

onthefly
07-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I fished the south and north ram this weekend... The north is crystal clear but a little high. The south is still a little murky and high... Not bad at all considering it was blown out only a week ago. I would say both should be in prime shape in another week depending how much rain we get.
They are both very much fishable but I did find them less productive then usual for this time of year. Not sure if you are planning on fly fishing so I will save you the details but I didn't see a single rise nor could I even get a cutty to come to the surface. Streamers were the only thing w/ any real success... The water is still very cold (even for there) so maybe the insect life hasn't kicked in yet.

TheYoungFlyFisherman
07-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the reply and yes i will be fly fishing. Yeah thats kind of what i was expecting, there has just been so much rain and little heat