PDA

View Full Version : Bow after work tonight

WayneChristie
07-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Since I was sick and couldnt get back out Sunday, I decided to drag the girlfriend down the the river after work tonight. Started off interesting, had to cross a brushpile and there was a cranky rattlesnake sitting on top, struck at me as soon as it saw me, but missed by a mile, maybe a 3 footer. I still want to get a pic of me with one, but this obviously wasnt the right one, must have been PMSing of something:sHa_sarcasticlol: didnt rattle at all til I moved it off the brush and it took off into the grass. Seriously thinking about getting some snakeproof boots now. Fishing was good, ended up with about a dozen big suckers, 4 walleye, the girlfriends first mooneye, and...her first sturgeon! awesome night, not bad after a 9 hour shift at work.

cranky snake
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/DSCF2785.jpg

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/DSCF2787.jpg

her first mooneye
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/DSCF2795.jpg

and her first sturgeon
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/DSCF2788.jpg

2 of the 4 walleye we caught had the same ugly leeches or whatever on their tails, 2 were clear.

horsetrader
07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Her sturgeon looks bigger then yours lol nice pics Wayne

tacklerunner
07-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Since I was sick and couldnt get back out Sunday, I decided to drag the girlfriend down the the river after work tonight..

Still can't figure out what she sees in you. :sHa_sarcasticlol::scared0018:

WayneChristie
07-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Her sturgeon looks bigger then yours lol nice pics Wayne

it was right in between mine, but it wouldnt be the first time shes caught a bigger fish, Im an awesome teacher :sHa_sarcasticlol: also I was reeling my line in to check the bait, and almost had the rod ripped out of my hand, Im assuming it was a pike hitting the worm, felt pretty big too.

WayneChristie
07-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Still can't figure out what she sees in you. :sHa_sarcasticlol::scared0018:

I let her catch the good fish once in a while :sHa_sarcasticlol:

The Fisherman Guy
07-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Awesome pics Wayne!

ckrcbr
07-12-2011, 11:09 AM
What part of the bow are you on that you encountered a rattler?
Awesome pics by the way

BGAngler
07-12-2011, 11:14 AM
where the heck do you catch sturgeon on the bow? I thought they were only in the SSR? Still new to Alberta, pardon my ignorance ;)

nice looking fish!

Bmanq
07-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Nice pics....I would kinda like to know where you ran into the snake too..

Brian

Guitarplayingfish
07-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Snakes are everywhere... Me and Buddy encountered a 6 foot bull snake fishing the forks a couple weeks ago, he almost sat on it. Just watch your step, especially if your walking through tall brush. Snake-proof boots is not a bad idea at all. It would suck to adventure an hour up/down river and get bit by a rattler.

WayneChristie
07-12-2011, 06:03 PM
sturgeon run all the way up to Bassano in season. the highways down here are posted with signs to watch out for snakes, they are protected, at least the rattlers. no worries with the bullsnakes, they are prettty mellow, posted pics of one a couple weeks ago that joined us while we were fishing. The rattlers are usually pretty mellow too, but this one was down in the river bottom on a pile of driftwood right in the path, didnt give any warning,just struck at me. if I hadnt been looking where my feet were, I might have stepped on it. But I ALWAYS watch my feet around here, if it isnt a snake its a big cactus.

BGAngler
07-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Damn roaming cactus :D haha.

I'll have to hit up some sturgeon, never caught one while I was out in BC..dad has a pic with a 6 foot long one from the early 90's lol,

Fishfinder
07-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Ahh yes, snakes a plenty here in our beautiful province. Was fishing one time last year at Rattlesnake lake (ironically) from the boat. We were anchored and along came a Rattler swimming right at our boat. Once it got too close for comfort I lifted her outta the water with my oar and tossed her a good 20ft from the boat. Sure enough she turned around and swam straight for us again. This happened about 4 times till we gave up and moved to the island to do some exploring. Go figure she followed the boat the whole way to the isle till we had to shoo her away from us with a stick.(No we did not harm her) Eventually she gave up and just curled up on a rock and watched us as we fished. Have a great pic of her swimming along side the boat. Was a pretty funny experience.
Great pics Wayne.
BTW- Coming your way for fam reunion long weekend in August at Enchant. I'll get a hold of you closer to the date and perhaps we can do some fishing. I should have a couple weeks off then.
Cheers.:)