PDA

View Full Version : Rawson Lake This Thursday.

fredieC
07-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi all planning to go to Rawson lake this Thursday, has any1 been there already, any info on trail or bear activities, i am going to carry both fly and spin rod so any inputs on flies and lures to be used will be great.

Thank you all, have a grt. day !!!

commieboy
07-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Hey FredieC,

http://www.tpr.alberta.ca/parks/kananaskis/trailreport.aspx

check this link. It has detailed trail reports, warnings and closure information for the Kananaskis region. They are updated weekly and are quite accurate in my experience.

Also, click on the Peter Lougheed Provincial Park and Spray Valley link under the summer trail reports for info on Rawson.

Hope that helps a bit.

McLeod
07-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi all planning to go to Rawson lake this Thursday, has any1 been there already, any info on trail or bear activities, i am going to carry both fly and spin rod so any inputs on flies and lures to be used will be great.

Thank you all, have a grt. day !!!

Hi Freddie.. I enjoyed your video and would like to see more...
Here is the scoop..Don't take the fish out of the water..unless a very quick picture..10 secs or less..

Most importanly read the regulations..
Rawson does not open until Saturday July 16th..
I don't want you getting busted you seem like a decent guy..

Take care my Friend !

blackmamba
07-12-2011, 10:17 PM
walked up to rawson last week , the water seemed pretty high and kinda dirty , trail was super muddy and there is still snow on the trail near the summit !! Never seen any signs of bears up there , but doesn t mean they arent around !!
Seen some fish rising but nothing of any size ..

Good luck fishing ,

mamba,

sheephunter
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Rawson Lake (11-19-9-W5) & tributaries & outlet
July 16 to Oct. 31 – Trout limit 0; Bait Ban.
Nov. 1 to July 15 – CLOSED

fredieC
07-12-2011, 11:38 PM
My bad,(should have check the regs before posting) i have to change the plans then i guess, thanks everyone for information, and yes McLeod I will take care about your concerns and make sure to take care while handling fish.

Any way going to Jasper in a week for camping and fishing Lake Malinge ( hope to hook a big rainbow, have heard that the biggest one came out of this lake..!!!!!) and lake Talbot for pike fishing, will post some pics.

Any way thank you all once again and all have a grt. day...!!!!