PDA

View Full Version : Spruce Coulee is alive!!

Shawnlh
07-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Went out to Spruce Coulee today just to see what's happening. Well, the brookies were small, but there were plenty. It took me a while to figure out what they wanted, but once I did, the hits were non-stop. I took a few pics to post, and I think they were this years stock. But it's such a beautiful lake, I had a great evening anyways. Some clouds started to move in, so I packed up, Good thing!!!!!!! Check out the vid of the storm that hit just on the north side of Elkwater!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBo6NYj5O9g

npauls
07-13-2011, 11:37 PM
I will be out in that area all weekend. I am going to camp at reesor and fish there, spruce, and battle creek. If you are interested in meeting up for a belly boat trip let me know or come out and stop by camp. I will be the one with the black quad cab gmc and the older scamper fifth wheel. I will be chucking flies all weekend.

Nate

Kokanee9
07-14-2011, 12:19 AM
I haven't been to reesor in years. Quiet campground there. Had a small radio playing in the evening and it was very low, but got asked to turn it off by a park person. We didn't think you could hear it beyond the campsite and there wasn't anyone around us. I wonder if it is still like that. Fishing was good then and I imagine it still is.

DuckBrat
07-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Heck of a storm glad you made it home safely.

Kokanee9
07-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Can you imagine getting caught on the water when something like that hits?

Shawnlh
07-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the invite Nate, I'll do my best to get out. I'll look for your truck and trailer.

DuckBrat, thanks for your concern. I had to pull off the road, driving was impossible. It looks like I'm driving in the vid, but check the bush to the left, I'm parked. The storm was insane!!!!

And Kokanee9, if I would have been on my tube when that storm hit, I'd probably be at the bottom of the lake!