PDA

View Full Version : anyone fished Horseshoe Lake (long island)

pophouseman
07-14-2011, 08:34 AM
I heard about a lake up past Westlock by long island lake park called Horseshoe lake. There is supposed to be large Pike and large Brookies as well. Does anyone have any experience fishing this lake. Im looking for tips on what you used for tackle/bait. Is there really any fish there? Also any information on a boat launch would be appreciated.

Ayr
07-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I used to fish it, until the otters got in there, maybe three years ago, haven't been back since. The last two times we went after seeing the otters, the fishing was non-exisitent. We used to catch brookies there, never saw/caught a pike.

If anyone has been there recently, please send me a PM on your experience.

Thx.

Ayr.

pophouseman
07-15-2011, 07:57 AM
so you think it would be a waste of resources to head there?

liar
07-15-2011, 06:21 PM
thats the joy of fishing , the unknown !!!! i havent been there for about ten years but used to catch eastern brooks there off shore with little spoons and spinners . never saw a pike .
the guys that write about lake x find these honey holes by exploring these lakes off the beaten path . if your at all curious , go check it out !

prodogg02
07-15-2011, 06:54 PM
i have family in jarvie and have dirt biked back there and fished that lake lots in the past i found a boat stashd in the trees and took it out if you go to the north west corner it opens up into another lake i think and all i got there were small brookies on worm and bobber