PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Lake Questions ...

anorthernhunter
07-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

My son and his friends are heading out to Sylvan Lake this Saturday to do the waterslides, picnic, etc and I am driving some of them.

I thought that since I am dropping them off at 10 AM and picking them up at 10 PM, I'd pull my boat and put into Sylvan while they are in town.

I usually fish the northern lakes and have never been to Sylvan.

Could any of you please help me with a few questions ...

1. Where is the best launch (is it busy)?

2. No honey-holes ... but generally where would I be looking to set up my lines. I have a book with bottom charts of AB lakes and will do my homework, but a few pointers would be helpful.

3. What species should I focus on, Jack, walleye, etc.?

Thanks ... if anyone plans to be there let me know. (I might bring along some elk pepperoni ;)

Northern (aka Glenn)

FishingMOM
07-14-2011, 03:36 PM
take some smelts with ya.
I fished just in the marina from shore a couple weeks ago and we nailed the walleye

FH7 is the guy to talk with regarding everything else.
That boy fishes that area a lot

anorthernhunter
07-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks FMom.

I will reach out to FH7.

:)

anorthernhunter
07-15-2011, 09:23 AM
FH7 ... I tried to look you up but couldnt find you.

Can u help me out? PM if you like.

Glenn

FishingMOM
07-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi sent an email to Fish Hunter7 telling him to come find you .

anorthernhunter
07-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Rob S
07-15-2011, 01:05 PM

After you drop of the younguns, drive due west through Sylvan Lake, out of Sylvan Lake (west past water slides hotels etc) until you get to Range Road 23. Turn right (North) and drive all the way to the lake. This launch is usually pretty quiet. Then when you have your boat in the water just put around to the south east, put on a manitoba shiner, and fleece walleyes all day.

anorthernhunter
07-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks Rob!

Appreciate the friendly advice.