PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanting to go to Cold Lake, I have a seat (or 2) open in my boat

Ken07AOVette
07-14-2011, 06:15 PM
If anyone wants to go catch some lakers, walleye, etc I have a boat with a REAL good fishfinder, dual rod down rigger, a truck and a boat.

Call me what you like, no point beating around the bush here, if anyone wants to chip in fuel, I will supply the vehicle and boat.

I can run 3 lines on the rigger, but only 2 holders so the third is by hand. Or, you can run a pink lady, weights, etc to get deep.

Anyone interested give me a shout.

Winger
07-14-2011, 06:35 PM
When are you thinking of going? I have been dying to get up there!!

Ken07AOVette
07-14-2011, 06:37 PM
When are you thinking of going? I have been dying to get up there!!

When my phone rings, and Winger says hey Ken lets go fishing. :)

Braun
07-14-2011, 07:07 PM
oh man I want to goto cold lake SO bad. too bad you arnt leaving from calgary. No problem pitching whatever is needed for that trip

Ken07AOVette
07-14-2011, 07:13 PM
When my phone rings, and Braun says hey Ken lets go fishing. :)

I am flexible...:)

Ken07AOVette
07-14-2011, 07:14 PM
oh man I want to goto cold lake SO bad. too bad you arnt leaving from calgary. No problem pitching whatever is needed for that trip

But the fuel hauling the boat is so much less from here, I am under 2 hours from cold lake

Geezle
07-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Where was this post yesterday after I'd found out that my trip there for this weekend was being postponed due to unforseen circumstances and but before I'd made a bunch of other fishing plans for the weekend?! :lol:

The Copenhagen Kid
07-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Now look what I have started! Damn it ken, I hope there are a few left in there when I get back there! Lol.....Good luck!

Braun
07-15-2011, 12:17 AM
ya well i am 6 - 7 hours from cold lake.

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Now look what I have started! Damn it ken, I hope there are a few left in there when I get back there! Lol.....Good luck!

Lol!

With my luck the lake has nothing to worry about! :angry3:
Without the fishing guru I may as well fish down a storm drain lol!

Geezle
07-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Lol!

With my luck the lake has nothing to worry about! :angry3:
Without the fishing guru I may as well fish down a storm drain lol!

Hey, if I could pull a laker out of there flying blind, so can you!

The power of positive thinking and all that jazz!

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Hey, if I could pull a laker out of there flying blind, so can you!

The power of positive thinking and all that jazz!

I did get 1 :)

Now I want a keeper, the off to another part for walleyes! :sHa_shakeshout:

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Just wanted to thank a couple guys for 'interesting' messages.....

I truly wish that I was made of money, or at least swimming in it, then I would send the private Jet to pick guys up, and of course provide dancing girls and beverages with steak and lobster both ways....

but as I am not, I thought supplying the truck, boat, down rigger, electronics, and taking people out was a decent offer, but I may be wrong. I thought offering this up to complete strangers should have been sufficient, but if you want to call me a cheap-ass for asking for fuel maybe find another boat.

The offer is still open for anyone that respects the cost of owning, outfitting, insuring, maintaining and dragging a boat to go fishing.

pophouseman
07-15-2011, 09:48 AM

I truly wish that I was made of money, or at least swimming in it, then I would send the private Jet to pick guys up, and of course provide dancing girls and beverages with steak and lobster both ways....

but as I am not, I thought supplying the truck, boat, down rigger, electronics, and taking people out was a decent offer, but I may be wrong. I thought offering this up to complete strangers should have been sufficient, but if you want to call me a cheap-ass for asking for fuel maybe find another boat.

The offer is still open for anyone that respects the cost of owning, outfitting, insuring, maintaining and dragging a boat to go fishing.

Someone actually had the nerve to say that??? wow some people are stupid!! I can honestly not even believe it..........Its a great Offer Ken and I would be more then happy to take it, but unfortunatly I am moving into a new place next week and i still have a million boxes to pack, then a week or two to get settled...damn.....

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Someone actually had the nerve to say that??? wow some people are stupid!! I can honestly not even believe it..........Its a great Offer Ken and I would be more then happy to take it, but unfortunatly I am moving into a new place next week and i still have a million boxes to pack, then a week or two to get settled...damn.....

Thanks, I would love to take everyone for free, but 500 km roundtrip with a dually hauling a 4000# boat then 5-10 hours fishing = $150-$250 per trip.

If I had a million dollars......

chubbdarter
07-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Puddles it never ends, people will ask openly for anything.
I bet you learned alot this year about .........................
Your a good man for offering and the deal you presented was WAY more than fair...in fact fair only to the person accepting.
If you had a case of Sprite they would want a 7-up.....lol..

Braun
07-15-2011, 09:57 AM

ya thats not cool. id be more than happy to pay for the fuel for the trip..... for me its just that I plain and simple cant make the trip. lol. thats a long drive for me. one day i will take a weekend and get out to that lake. Definitely no day trip from calgary. Dont take it to heart ken. It is sad that the world has become like that but it is very much a reality. many people have no respect.

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Puddles it never ends, people will ask openly for anything.
I bet you learned alot this year about .........................
Your a good man for offering and the deal you presented was WAY more than fair...in fact fair only to the person accepting.
If you had a case of Sprite they would want a 7-up.....lol..

ya thats not cool. id be more than happy to pay for the fuel for the trip..... for me its just that I plain and simple cant make the trip. lol. thats a long drive for me. one day i will take a weekend and get out to that lake. Definitely no day trip from calgary. Dont take it to heart ken. It is sad that the world has become like that but it is very much a reality. many people have no respect.

Thanks guys, and it's not like I am sitting here with my head in my hands crying my eyes out, I am just trying to make a point that there are costs, and I can not, will not supply everything.

You would be absolutely guaranteed, if I sold my boat and gear, did not have to drive the dually and could go fishing anywhere I wanted with someone else, they would not touch a fuel pump.

recce43
07-15-2011, 10:11 AM
wish i wasn't so far away i hop in my truck and meet you there

cujo1969
07-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Dam sounds like good offer. I will be i St paul sat sun but dont think will have any time to go fishing. But late july maybe if u offer still stands.

AlbertaAngler
07-15-2011, 11:06 AM
wish i wasn't so far away i hop in my truck and meet you there

Yep, If I had the time I would meet you there and still pay for your fuel to get there. The very least a person could do to have a boat towed, rigged and ready to fish for him.

timsesink
07-15-2011, 11:12 AM
wow, the nerve of some people! I'm in cagary can you come pick me up! NO. I don't have any money but still want to fish can I come? NO. Ken, i'd love to tkae you up on your offer and would gladly take you up on your offer but sadly I'm booked taking a bunch of youth down to Sylvan tommorrow, have fun though! And don't take any jerks, except to use them as a live downrigger weight.

DarkAisling
07-15-2011, 12:40 PM
I have advised our board of directors that if they should want to send a cartographer to our Cold Lake office for a few months that I'm game. Only caveat is that it must be during open water season. They actually seemed interested.

In the event they do send me up there, I will happily fuel your truck and boat for regular fishing excursions. :)

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 06:04 PM
If ANY of you ever get the urge, especially Shelley :) (j/k :love0025:) get ahold of me, and we will hit the water.

I want to be clear though, I am not asking for all the diesel and fuel for the boat to be paid, just some help.

chubbdarter
07-15-2011, 06:09 PM
CREEP
hahhahahahhaha
If I come up can we cruise for chicks in your Vette?

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Before or after fishing?

2.5 hours to the lake, 2.5 hours back, its doable....:thinking-017:

Mind you if Shelley comes up, there wont be room for you in the Vette :sHa_sarcasticlol:

chubbdarter
07-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Before or after fishing?

2.5 hours to the lake, 2.5 hours back, its doable....:thinking-017:

Mind you if Shelley comes up, there wont be room for you in the Vette :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Bet shelley isnt paying for gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teamprotz
07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Just charge a flat $400 , apparently the going rate is $700 ! Gas money is a given , the free guiding is pleasant bonus.

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Just charge a flat $400 , apparently the going rate is $700 ! Gas money is a given , the free guiding is pleasant bonus.

:scared0015:

I was thinking $100 would be nice, Diesel is likely $150 and $50-$100 in the boat is not hard to do....

That said, when did you want to go? :)

Elkaholic6
07-15-2011, 07:53 PM
If you ever make your way up North, I'll be more then glad to join ya.

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 08:11 PM
If you ever make your way up North, I'll be more then glad to join ya.

Sounds like a road trip! :sHa_shakeshout:

I am going north tomorrow. The invite is open.

Elkaholic6
07-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a road trip! :sHa_shakeshout:

I am going north tomorrow. The invite is open.

Haha well that's no good, I'm going south tomorrow haha.

Smasher
07-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Ken, you said you were 2.5 hrs from the lake so where exactly are you leaving from?My son and i may be interested in taking you up on your offer.I always wanted to catch some lakers.

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 08:44 PM
I am 22 miles South of Kitscoty. It is just over 2 1/2 hours North of me. If you are coming from Edmonton, you would take Hwy 16 East past Vermilion to Kitscoty, then if you wanted you could leave your vehicle there and drive the remaining 2 hours North with me.

I am full tomorrow, but open after that.

Teamprotz
07-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I am fully equipped with riggers , rods and lures , just no time. Between kids and work , did I mention I hate my job ? I will get back up there this summer , maybe around the 28th if my wife doesn't have me booked for something. Good luck to who ever goes , you'll have a blast !

fish99
07-15-2011, 10:53 PM
will be camping there the first week in august hope to see you then i will be in a18 foot white campion with a 150 evinroute and 2 down riggers, fished it last year great time

C Taylor
07-15-2011, 11:10 PM
I average about 50 trips a year from camrose to cold lake to bad 49 are for work. If your're still looking for a sunday partner I should be up there, and can make the time to fish.

Ken07AOVette
07-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Anyone wanting to go pm me and we will arrange it.

Smasher
07-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Ken, do you go during the week or only on weekends?I'd have no problem chipping in for gas and i could meet you at your place, but i can only go during the week.Let me know.

fluxcore
07-16-2011, 10:54 AM
I would love to go again but my holidays are up Monday and I have a tone of work to do around the house (cleaning up the boat, putting camping gear away, yard work) I finished up my smoked trout from my trip and it turned out fantastic :sHa_shakeshout: ended up in the smoker for a whopping 19hrs :sign0176: hard work staying up but worth it for candied trout. Ill be looking for an angler or two for a trip out there in early August leaving from Red Deer and able to chip in 30$ for gas and 9$ for the site if we decide to spend a night, boat fuel is on me:)

vettedreamer
07-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Now that I know its just a call Ken wha hooooooooo :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

Guess this means I'll have to go easy on you on the links kakakakakakakaka

DarkAisling
07-16-2011, 02:48 PM

Don't be thinkin' a ride in your 'Vette would have me dropping my panties.

Wait a minute . . . I don't wear any.

sureshot
07-16-2011, 10:36 PM

Not true with out pics lol j/k

Andy

Ken07AOVette
07-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Cold lake update!

We went out today, my best buddy and I, my Son.

Weather was not great when we got there, wind whipped up huge rollers, and it took forever to get to the spot. Once we got set up we fished for a while, had a shore lunch, then back at it for the afternoon shift.

Tally- 4 lake trout all under 65 cm, no keepers. Then we moved to another spot, and I grabbed a 69 cm, 15" girth, my first ever walleye. It was an absolute football! :sHa_shakeshout:

Pics tomorrow if anyone wants to see my first walleye. :)

New Hunter Okotoks
07-17-2011, 12:40 AM

See your Sig line? It definitly applies here!

chubbdarter
07-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Cold lake update!

Weather was not great when we got there, wind whipped up huge rollers, and it took forever to get to the spot. Once we got set up we fished for a while, had a shore lunch, then back at it for the afternoon shift.

Tally- 4 lake trout all under 65 cm, no keepers. Then we moved to another spot, and I grabbed a 69 cm, 15" girth, my first ever walleye. It was an absolute football! :sHa_shakeshout:

Congrats Bubbles....keep up the good work buddy

chubbdarter
07-17-2011, 12:43 AM
See your Sig line? It definitly applies here!

first off....NO angel would ever be caught anywhere near you.....was probably a turkey vulture on your shoulder

New Hunter Okotoks
07-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Ken,I just read this thread and it is proof that some people show an absolute lack of class. You offer to take people out fishing,and you only ask that people "help" with the fuel costs and then they call you CHEAP?? I know you won't,but it would be nice to know who sent you the PM's.

For me,if someone is providing the truck,boat,and gear; I would do a little better than "helping" with the fuel costs,I would cover them. Hell,it's basically a fully guided trip!

You're a generous guy Ken. It's too bad that some take advantage and some expect way more than they ever give.

NHO.

New Hunter Okotoks
07-17-2011, 12:59 AM
first off....NO angel would ever be caught anywhere near you.....was probably a turkey vulture on your shoulder

Not a Turkey Vulture. And if it was,I prefer the name Condor!

I like to have Angels around me. I win them over with my good looks,wit and charm;that's how they stay with me! (And I clip their wings)

Ken07AOVette
07-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Thanks guys, the truth is I can only give so much, then it becomes debt.

I drove 450 km today, boat was in the water about 10 hours, say 1.5 hours going hard or hanging spots, the rest trolling. I used over 3/4 of a tank of diesel, and $70.00 in the boat. All in, it would be just under $200.

A drop in the bucket, having my son as a active audience today, great day.

The down rigger I have is great for 2 people, but I will not be adding a 2nd one. If 2 people want to tag along, what I would likely do, is whoever catches the last fish sits, and the third person tags onto the down rigger, then switch at the next fish, and so on.

Going for pike or walleye of course 3 can cast at a time.

Walleye is certainly a different animal to clean compared to any I have done before, rainbows are the easiest, but I have done far more pike than anything.

Getting the cheeks out was fun.

Ken07AOVette
07-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Ken,I just read this thread and it is proof that some people show an absolute lack of class. You offer to take people out fishing,and you only ask that people "help" with the fuel costs and then they call you CHEAP?? I know you won't,but it would be nice to know who sent you the PM's.
For me,if someone is providing the truck,boat,and gear; I would do a little better than "helping" with the fuel costs,I would cover them. Hell,it's basically a fully guided trip!
You're a generous guy Ken. It's too bad that some take advantage and some expect way more than they ever give.

NHO.

Thanks for that. Every single time before this year I supplied everything, and it just got out of hand. I just had to say enough was enough, unfortunately.

Lambo
07-17-2011, 01:36 AM
If I didn't have a boat and my buddy took me fishing in his boat, I'd gladly cover all the fuel costs and buy coffee and lunch. People don't realize it's not just the truck fuel to get to the lake, it's the fuel for the boat, the cost of the boat and all the equipment, the insurance, the maintainence costs, etc...

I never ask my fishing buddies to chip in for gas, they just do.

You're a good man to offer up your boat Ken!

alodar
07-17-2011, 01:40 AM
Cold lake update!

ken..... how could you do that to us .... leave out the pics .... gosh:scared0018:lol

chubbdarter
07-17-2011, 01:41 AM
If I didn't have a boat and my buddy took me fishing in his boat, I'd gladly cover all the fuel costs and buy coffee and lunch. People don't realize it's not just the truck fuel to get to the lake, it's the fuel for the boat, the cost of the boat and all the equipment, the insurance, the maintainence costs, etc...

EXCATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..good post

I never ask my fishing buddies to chip in for gas, they just do.

Good people are hard to find....fishing buddies even harder to find.....ask yourself who's got my back?.....there is A S S-ker around every corner

You're a good man to offer up your boat Ken!

x2

Ken07AOVette
07-17-2011, 10:10 AM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/IMAG0057.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/IMAG0051.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/IMAG0052.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/IMAG0058.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/IMAG0059.jpg

Lefty-Canuck
07-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Congrats on a great fish! Sound like you had a decent day.

LC

Ken07AOVette
07-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Does anyone want to go to cold lake Wednesday?

Ken07AOVette
07-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Cancelled, I am bagged.

Albertadiver
07-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Sweet looking walleye. Someone better get you a better tape measure though, those big numbers are centimeters, and the little numbers are millimeters. :scared0018:

Would like to get up to Cold lake one day. After spending the last few days at Moose Lake, we for sure want to do some more exploring out that way.

As for gas... How bout we pitch in for gas and only my wife wears the the speedo thong instead of me this time?

Geezle
07-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Cancelled, I am bagged.

Certainly can't blame ya for being bagged after all you've been doing out there recently Ken. I haven't posted in your other thread about the whole ordeal (yet) but I'm glad that there's no critical damage at your place, and I know that there's a lot of people in the area who didn't make out as well who are glad that standup guys like you and the other volunteers are there to help them out.

Now to get back on to the original topic of the thread, I found out that we'll be there on the 30th and 31st. If you're able to get out that weekend I'll make sure that we're able to meet up out there :)

And if you need a hand with your siding/soffit/fascia any time after that (I'm bagged here for the next couple weeks) let me know and I'll come down and help out :)

Ken07AOVette
07-28-2011, 11:31 PM
I may be going one of the 3 days this weekend, if anyone is interested PM me with the day you are available. Same deal, I will supply boat, truck, down rigger, you catch the fuel.

Ken07AOVette
07-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Anyone want to go tomorrow or Monday?

-JR-
07-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Just read your add,sounds realy fare to me !
You supply boat and camper and the guests supply all the fuel and camping fees.
It should always be like that,everytime I take someone out they paid 1/2 of the fuel and then say thanks and go on there own way when all is done.

What are we left with ?
Clean up on boat and camper,insurance,maybe damage to boat prop,wear and tear etc. .
The way I look at it , if a person you take out, can not trade a trip, he should pay for all the fees.
I been trying to get into fish guiding,and only charging $25 an hr,just to cover expences. but the way you are doing it, people can realy see what the cost is with out owning anything.

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks JR.

I was not offering a camper though...

It has been going well other than a couple nasty emails. The who pays for gas thread had about the best troll responses, the one that bet comes to mind was;

"When you invite someone over for supper do you give them a bill or take a deposit at the door?" LOL!

No, I let them carry out all they can in a standard sized duffle bag, carry whatever they can not for them, and of course let them have their way with... Well you know.

I have only been balked once since this thread by someone actually interested in going, not someone in Calgary that has no intention of traveling to cold lake, who said "I will drive my own vehicle there, so I do not have to pay for diesel right?"
:thinking-006:

I told him to take his own boat too, and of course have a nice day.

Kurt505
07-31-2011, 11:36 AM
How much does a round trip usually cost?

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 12:02 PM
The last time I went out with Alodar, he met me at kitscoty, and we travelled together from there. It was about 100 diesel, 70 boat gas. We fished for about 7-8 hours, 2 hard runs from the dock and back. If we hit limits quickly boat fuel would of course be less.

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Boat is full for tomorrow.

Teamprotz
07-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Good luck , be carefull , forecast is for wind.

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Ya, just saw that, may yet cancel and just try for a sturgeon at nsr.

Thank you!

huntsfurfish
07-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Personally I would never expect or ask another fisherman to cover all the fuel costs while using my boat and truck if they were invited along. Splitting the gas and bait would be fair though(2or 3 ways).jmho

Yes it is wear and tear on my stuff but hey I got someone to split fuel costs with. Yes I have to clean my boat and fix my props etc but they are mine and Im getting out fishing too!

Sorry Ken dont mean to stir the pot.

RavYak
07-31-2011, 03:45 PM
huntsfurfish, some of Kens posts don't come across as he means. He has openly stated he doesn't expect someone to cover all of the gas and I am pretty sure splitting the costs is fair to him.

Kurt505
07-31-2011, 04:05 PM
$200 for a guided fishing trip for lakers doesn't sound like a bad deal to me!

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Personally I would never expect or ask another fisherman to cover all the fuel costs while using my boat and truck if they were invited along. Splitting the gas and bait would be fair though(2or 3 ways).jmho

Yes it is wear and tear on my stuff but hey I got someone to split fuel costs with. Yes I have to clean my boat and fix my props etc but they are mine and Im getting out fishing too!

Sorry Ken dont mean to stir the pot.

No problem at all.
This is something new I am trying this year, so far it has been successful.
I have invited complete strangers fishing, people I have never met and if I had not offered, may never meet in my life.
I would say that 90% of the people interested in going fishing that otherwise would not have a chance like the idea and feel it is good value.
I have been very honest in price aproximation, a good day on cold or pierce lake is generally 150 fuel. I leave home full of fuel in the truck and boat, run all day, top off the boat and truck when I leave cold lake.

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 06:03 PM
$200 for a guided fishing trip for lakers doesn't sound like a bad deal to me!

Thanks Kurt, although it's not really guided, I just have the equipment. I am certainly not trying to run a business, which is illegal without a license, simply providing what I have.

mooseknuckle
07-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Well where ever you end up ken have a great day tomorrow. Think I'll meet a couple guys at wab tomorrow and take them out for the day. Alot of time I find what goes around comes around. I always get something nice in return ie. Burger/beer. Alot of the time I just like the company so if someone is a little shy but really needs to get out on the water it's never an issue.

Ken maybe you could head our way and do a day at wabamun.

Kurt505
07-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks Kurt, although it's not really guided, I just have the equipment. I am certainly not trying to run a business, which is illegal without a license, simply providing what I have.

Lol, sorry Ken, I didn't mean to call you a guide. I meant having someone who knows the lake take you out. I live in Edmonton but I'd still be willing to meet you at the lake and pay your fuel for a days fishing. I'm gonna have to take you up on that one day.

Teamprotz
07-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Most guides would catch more fish ! :) what section of the NSR you goin? I'm waiting for more worms , mine didn't like the month and a half off. Want to get out and at least try it again then head to Nipawin for Premiers Cup.

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 06:55 PM
For sure Moosie, no trouble Kurt.
Tp you are right, I never claimed or guarantee fish, I just got da boat!
If I lived there, I would for sure take guys out for much less money, but it's close to 400 km round trip for me.

mooseknuckle
07-31-2011, 07:02 PM
For sure Moosie, no trouble Kurt.

If I lived there, I would for sure take guys out for much less money, but it's close to 400 km round trip for me.

Well yeah when your talking some distance like that your offer is VERY generous as far as I'm concerned. Think may do a cold lake trip mid September one guy will get the motorhome fuel, one guy the boat fuel and one guy will get wood and camping fees!! The rest can be worked out over a cold beer and hopefully some fillets over the fire!! Knock on wood!

Kurt505
07-31-2011, 07:09 PM
I got a 30' tow behind and a diesel pick up, just can't tow my boat at the same time. Maybe I'll have to make it out there around the same time!

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 07:14 PM
I have the same problem Kurt, I have a 35' fifth wheel, if someone towed my boat so I could camp too, there would be no gas cost for sure.

harrydude
07-31-2011, 07:22 PM
thought you could tow two trailers at one time

Kurt505
07-31-2011, 07:23 PM
It sucks huh. Need a boat to fish, so buy a boat. Need trailer to camp, so buy a trailer. Motorhome costs $100,000 and you use it 6 times a year. It's hard to win this game.

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 07:23 PM

Only 20 meters

Kurt505
07-31-2011, 07:25 PM

I can't tow behind a trailer, it needs to be a 5th wheel.

harrydude
07-31-2011, 07:28 PM
does it have to be 5th wheel .....or do you need a class1 licene

harrydude
07-31-2011, 07:38 PM
answered my own question

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/docType41/Production/recvehtowguide.pdf

mooseknuckle
07-31-2011, 07:38 PM
I like to think I have it worked out? 1984 24ft chevy hotel, 1976 15ft trihull with a 75hp chrysler. All for around $11,000, but it all works well!! I guess I'm modest? Just don't like debt, I think there are advantages to every setup. Ie boats, trailers and vehicles. I do like having the front mounted hitch on the motorhome for launching the boat. Sorry guys I think I'm getting off track didn't mean to hi jack. Where were we?

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 08:09 PM
I like to think I have it worked out? 1984 24ft chevy hotel, 1976 15ft trihull with a 75hp chrysler. All for around $11,000, but it all works well!! I guess I'm modest? Just don't like debt, I think there are advantages to every setup. Ie boats, trailers and vehicles. I do like having the front mounted hitch on the motorhome for launching the boat. Sorry guys I think I'm getting off track didn't mean to hi jack. Where were we?

Great setup bud!
I used to have an old dodge class a, but prefer fifth wheel.

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 09:45 PM
I have a seat open for tomorrow again, he cancelled

C Taylor
07-31-2011, 10:35 PM
I just spent the day at pierce. Very slow warden said it has been for while. Road construction on all the Saskatchewan side hwy. I think you would have better luck at cold lake

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Thank you Sir, good to know.

hockey1099
08-01-2011, 02:54 PM
No problem at all.
This is something new I am trying this year, so far it has been successful.
I have invited complete strangers fishing, people I have never met and if I had not offered, may never meet in my life.
I would say that 90% of the people interested in going fishing that otherwise would not have a chance like the idea and feel it is good value.
I have been very honest in price aproximation, a good day on cold or pierce lake is generally 150 fuel. I leave home full of fuel in the truck and boat, run all day, top off the boat and truck when I leave cold lake.

Anyone who doesnt think this is a great deal has no idea what fishing actually costs. Between oil changes and other wear and tear on a vehicle and the cost of all of the equipment $150 is a steal.

Setting up a boat for cold lake requires downriggers which are between $400-$600 a pop. You need clips to attach your line at $13 a pop. Down rigger balls at $25per downrigger. Flashers are $15 a piece. Last week i broke the line on two down riggers so there is wear and tear on them as well. everything above will either break or get lost at one point.

There is no way Ken is making any money having his gas covered he would be lucky to be splitting the costs evenly with his invited guests. Plus he had to buy a boat big enough to handle cold lake. Seeing as i just bought one i know that isnt cheap either.

haywarje
08-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Hello Ken. If you are going to try your luck on Aug 5-7, my brother and i would be interested in joining you for one of those days. Let me know.

Jeremy

Ken07AOVette
08-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Hey Jeremy, unfortunately I won't be around

Ken07AOVette
08-25-2011, 12:20 AM
May go out Sunday, if anyone is interested.

Ken07AOVette
08-26-2011, 01:11 AM
May go out Sunday, if anyone is interested.

Still got a seat open

BGAngler
08-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Screw it, maybe I should jsut move out to Bonnyville or something. Bleh.

Ken07AOVette
08-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Screw it, maybe I should jsut move out to Bonnyville or something. Bleh.

?