PDA

View Full Version : What lake is this???

FISHnRIG
07-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Hello,

Does any one no what lake is just south of highways #16 and #870? Looks fairly good size lake.

If so, is there any fish in it?

Pierre
07-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Birch Lake Provincial Bird Sanctuary.

No idea if it has fish in it. Not listed in the AFG.

Braun
07-15-2011, 09:09 AM
no there are no fish in birch at all :scared0018:

I dont think the lake your referring to is birch. go on google maps and set a point so we can have a look at it

RavYak
07-15-2011, 09:34 AM
no there are no fish in birch at all :scared0018:

I dont think the lake your referring to is birch. go on google maps and set a point so we can have a look at it

Google maps does call it Birch although I can find nothing about that lake. There is another Birch lake stocked with trout by Caroline that you are likely thinking about.

http://www.protectedplanet.net/sites/Birch_Lake_Game_Bird_Sanctuary

Braun
07-15-2011, 10:20 AM
yes you are right. Your are definitely talking of a different birch. but that is a big lake that you are talking about. I would be shocked if there was nothing in there. Have you checked berry mitchells? he writes about lakes in the back that are not listed in the regs. That would be the first place I would look.

FISHnRIG
07-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I went on google maps but it wont tell me the name of the lake.
Its just south of the town of Innisfree.

Donkey Oatey
07-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I went on google maps but it wont tell me the name of the lake.
Its just south of the town of Innisfree.

Google maps shows that as Birch Lake and if I recall correctly it is more of a salt march that only has water in wet years. Doubt anything could live in it. Calling it a lake is an overstatement.

RavYak
07-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Google maps shows that as Birch Lake and if I recall correctly it is more of a salt march that only has water in wet years. Doubt anything could live in it. Calling it a lake is an overstatement.

I was thinking this must be the salt lake you see when driving on highway 16. If that is the case there won't be any fish there.

FISHnRIG
07-15-2011, 11:19 AM
So what you guys are saying then is: dont waste your time!!!

I can only sneak away for couple hours to fish and that lake is around 30-45 minutes away.

I guess I will try to find another spot!