PDA

View Full Version : Minnow Traps?

gramps73
07-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Do you require any permits of sort to trap minnows in the canals in and around Calgary?

Kokanee9
07-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Not sure, but isn't there something in the regs about them? Fishing license # or something has to be on them or something. I can't see collecting minnows in any water that is open for fishing being a problem. I could be wrong though, I haven't checked the regs.

chubbdarter
07-15-2011, 10:46 PM
page 22

gramps73
07-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the replies..

npauls
07-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Uh Oh.

You and Dan got the itch to start up your own bait shop after the whole St. Mary experience or what?

gramps73
07-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Uh Oh.

You and Dan got the itch to start up your own bait shop after the whole St. Mary experience or what?

I was thinking that with the fishing this year i need to subsidize my income..

bigfis
07-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I think you need your win and licence number on it . You can't set the traps were There is a bait ban :)

npauls
07-17-2011, 11:28 PM
I was thinking that with the fishing this year i need to subsidize my income..

The way you boys were dancing on the boat at St.mary I wouldn't doubt that the fish were hiding all year from you. We had more fun watching you guys dancing around then we did fishing that day.

If thats how every day on the boat is with you I guess we had better arrange a day on the water. Everyone was sitting there shivering getting soaked while you 2 danced around with your little thin crestliner coats on.

chubbdarter
07-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Get alot of great minnows but the sorting just plain sucks. Minnows commercialy this year are the worst ive ever seen

gramps73
07-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Get alot of great minnows but the sorting just plain sucks. Minnows commercialy this year are the worst ive ever seen

Chub
It has been bad for the last 2 seasons this being the worst, I do not what a repeat of this year next season.

gramps73
07-18-2011, 07:38 AM
The way you boys were dancing on the boat at St.mary I wouldn't doubt that the fish were hiding all year from you. We had more fun watching you guys dancing around then we did fishing that day.

If thats how every day on the boat is with you I guess we had better arrange a day on the water. Everyone was sitting there shivering getting soaked while you 2 danced around with your little thin crestliner coats on.

Yes Nate you are right putting on that Crestliner coat is like superman putting on his cape...
As far you coming out fishin on day any time buddy..

chubbdarter
07-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Chub
It has been bad for the last 2 seasons this being the worst, I do not what a repeat of this year next season.

Yup 2 years ago it was Min.
This year SD
Hopefully next year it will be Man again