PDA

View Full Version : Little loon lake sask?

Kurt505
07-16-2011, 10:15 AM
I have a family reunion in glaslyn sask to go to and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a campground at little loon lake?

Teamprotz
07-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Only driven by , but I believe it is a Regional park so should have camping. Apparently lots of small walleye too.

rookiemoosehunter
07-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Yes there is and there is even a golf course at the lake.
The powered sites aren't very nice (quite open with little trees) but the non electric ones along the lake are really nice, you can pull your boat right up to your camp site.

I havent went there for 2 years but we used to go every year.
Lots of small walleye and jacks in the lake.

Here is the link as you can reserve a site there:
http://www.saskregionalparks.ca/parksDisplay.php

Kurt505
07-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks rookie, sounds like a nice little lake.

Bill L
07-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Lots of walleye to be had their, heading their for the August long weekend to camp for 10 days. Looking forward to some fresh fish suppers.

jeffrey929
07-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Fished there a couple of times.. Lots of smaller walleye, to my knowledge, nothing but walleye in ther... Huge amounts of freshwater shrimp in there as well... Lots for the walleye to feast on

bigdeer91
07-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I have a family reunion in glaslyn sask to go to and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a campground at little loon lake?

lived in loon lake most of my life and there are lots of big pike (20) plus lbs in any of the lakes around there.some big eyes 8 plus lbs to if you can find them..
camping is very nice at stabler point or Meewasin Beach.
nice sandy beaches camping sites are very clean.hiking trails.

rookiemoosehunter
07-17-2011, 10:56 AM
lived in loon lake most of my life and there are lots of big pike (20) plus lbs in any of the lakes around there.some big eyes 8 plus lbs to if you can find them..
camping is very nice at stabler point or Meewasin Beach.
nice sandy beaches camping sites are very clean.hiking trails.

You are talking about Loon Lake which is a totally different lake from Little Loon lake.