PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in fishing Edmonton

zoomkaman
07-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Anybody knows of a good place to fish near edmonton? Just starting to fish. Went to Carson pegasus lake, but it's too far. Went to Hasse lake, caught some perch but no big ones. I don't own a boat so basically just shore fishing only.

jpietrzak1979
07-16-2011, 08:19 PM
You could try Star but the action there is pretty hit and miss. You don't get alot of good choices if you aren't willing to go a few hours out. Best way is to get in with some other people cuts the expenses down alot and opens up the possibilities.

Thundercatcher
07-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Zoomkaman, you caught perch at Hasse from the fishing dock? People told me that it winterkilled . There must be some left

NSRfishing
07-16-2011, 09:01 PM
best fishing around edmonton the north sask river

Dak1138
07-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.
My best advice for you is to pick up a Barry Mitchell guide. People say some of the info is old in it but it is still pretty good since it list most of the lakes in Alberta as well as what you may find in the lake and directions on how to get there.
And if you are afraid you may get lost ther is also a backroads map book of central alberta available that also lists some popular lakes in it.

But to get you started check out some of these locations.Muir, Chickakoo, Sauer, Cardiff, Morinville reservoir, Beaumont pond, Hermitage park ( both the stocked pond and the river),Lacombe Park in St.Albert,Coal Lake, Wabamun.
If you do a search here you should find lots of info.

I find the trout ponds/lakes can be slow in the summer so do not get discouraged if you get skunked.

Good luck and have fun.

Dust1n
07-16-2011, 10:13 PM
best fishing around edmonton the north sask river

x2 when the potholes get slow head to the NSR for the goldeye and walleye action and sturgeon if your lucky.
i heard someone caught a "monster" out of sauer lake today