PDA

View Full Version : Eage Lake is polluted?

LynchC
07-17-2011, 12:23 AM
My buddy told me Eagle Lake is not ideal as the water is polluted. Is that true?

chubbdarter
07-17-2011, 12:28 AM
My buddy told me Eagle Lake is not ideal as the water is polluted. Is that true?

its artifically fortified with 100% of the daily nutritional vitamins and fibres you need to stay healthy

CanadianEh
07-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Eagle lake is one step above the sewage treatment plant... IMHO.

Always terrible algae blooms, stinky dirty dingy water. I think they had an issue with ecoli in the water too years back...

anyhow, Went twice, will never go back.

:sign0161:

Christofficer
07-17-2011, 12:34 AM
As long as it's not toxic blue-green algae, algae doesn't mean it's dirty. Alot of water bodies have problems with ecoli and you wouldn't know it. The bow river for example. That just means don't drink the water and cook your fish thoroughly.

chubbdarter
07-17-2011, 12:38 AM
As long as it's not toxic blue-green algae, algae doesn't mean it's dirty. Alot of water bodies have problems with ecoli and you wouldn't know it. The bow river for example. That just means don't drink the water and cook your fish thoroughly.

yup i agree....its a good walleye lake
Let the rumours run wild....its worked so far, for a lake so close to a million plus people.

STAY AWAY ITS TOXIC, im only there doing water safety tests all winter and spring

slough shark
07-17-2011, 11:31 AM
it is at least in my mind a catch and release lake, you can do ok on the walleye and pike there, not to many that are really big but you can catch walleye up to 22 inches is my biggest there and pike up to about 30 inches. I don't keep anything from that lake though, I figure that if I can't see a foot into the water I don't want to eat anything from there. It gets the algae blooms from all the runoff of fertilizer from all the tree farms and there is a feedlot close by, lots of stuff to get that algae going.

rielbowhunter
07-17-2011, 04:55 PM
I was there a week ago and fishing sucked, lots of green algae in the water. I wont go back for a least 6 months.

tacklerunner
07-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Good, fun, C&R walleye lake early in the year but again, C&R. Don't keep and eat.

Gust
07-18-2011, 11:01 AM
I rarely see fish complain about the body of water they live in,, it's a C&R lake (used to eat them from there and the eyues were fine). If you have a limited schedule and need a fix, it's a fine lake.

In regards to your RDR thread;
grasshoppers will be getting good soon, get a comforter, one of those cheap ones where they're kinda fluffy,,, find an area where there are lotsa hoppers, spread the blanket out or cast it out like a net where they're hangin out and the hooks in their legs get tangled in the fluffy bit and you'll have lots of hoppers for Goldeye. Think Morin, Nacmine, Bleriot Ferry.

When the hoppers fly the Goldeye get active,, hoppers are moost active on the sweltering days,,, so there's a good key to learnin bout fishin.