PDA

View Full Version : Fishing good at Crimson Lake?

newguy
07-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Hello. We are headed up to camp in the park in mid september. Can anyone tell me if the fishing is worth the time and effort? We have a little Zodiac with a small motor... Thanks!!

fishead
07-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Personally have not fishead Crimson but have heard that the fishing is not great. About a half hour from there is fish lake, I have had good luck there.

diamonddave
07-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Theres no fish in crimson lake, across the highway at twin there is. No motors tho....

bearbuster
07-18-2011, 06:35 PM
If you want to take a boat out and camp, go to Cow lake. Crimson has nothing in it other than leaches

flygirrl
07-18-2011, 06:36 PM
If its the Crimson lake outside rocky NO FISH at all, Twin has fish and yes you are allowed motors. Trolling or gas... I have mine in there all the time as do many others.

mulecrazy
07-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Theres no fish in crimson lake, across the highway at twin there is. No motors tho....

Not sure where you got the no motors thing, but they are definetly allowed in Twin lakes by rocky. Like others have said, Crimson is a dead lake, but twin is only a 2 minute drive away.

mulecrazy
07-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Personally have not fishead Crimson but have heard that the fishing is not great. About a half hour from there is fish lake, I have had good luck there.

Fish lake is west of Nordegg, Nordegg is an hour from Rocky so fish lake is at least an hour from Crimson.

newguy
07-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks!! Much Appreciated

diamonddave
07-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Not sure where you got the no motors thing, but they are definetly allowed in Twin lakes by rocky. Like others have said, Crimson is a dead lake, but twin is only a 2 minute drive away.

Sorry I thought it was electric only on that lake, my bad.

johann_seb
07-18-2011, 09:47 PM
It should be noted that Twin isn't all it's cracked up to be either. Apparently there's broodstock in there, and one guy caught one, I guess, with a 4" flasher. The best we ever caught there were 8" gaffers. If you want fishing while you're in that area, you'd do best to head to Nordegg, imho. Tell the wife to watch the kids, and try Fish Lake. :):):)

bigfis
07-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Crimson lake does have lots of fish but only minnows. I was walking on the beach 3 weeks ago and saw about 50 t0 75 minnows washed up (1to3inchs). Twin lakes has tons of small pearchand a few rainbows but no tropeys from what i have Sean good place to take the kids . Just wondering why don't they stock crimson . In my apinnon it is one of the best camp gronds in southern centray alberta if it had fish .