PDA

View Full Version : Blackstone River

SwampShark
07-19-2011, 10:16 PM
This report is for the weekend before last (the really rainy one) but I figure it's better late than never.

The river looked to be at normal water levels when we arrived on Saturday. It was clear and the fishing was good (cutts and whites). Fish were hitting the chernobyl ant (like usual), elk hair caddis and a few different wet flies. The wife also caught a few on small lures in the deeper spots.

The fishing pretty much stopped on Monday afternoon when a few heavy rains turned the water silty from all of the run-off. The river was noticeably higher on Monday versus the Saturday levels. I would wager than she is clear once again by now and would probably be fishing well.

The mosquitoes were barely noticeable contrary to what we are seeing in Edmonton. It is still getting pretty cold some nights up there. During one of the quick storms on Monday we had some hail and when we drove up to the top of the river valley on the way out there was remnants of snow on the sides of the road. I've now officially seen snow in every month of the year... gotta love Alberta.

All in all a good trip with good friends.

Mr.goldeye
07-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Anyone else seen the boa ketone resently?

antler hunter
07-22-2011, 05:34 PM
thanx for the up date

huntin'fool
07-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Anyone else seen the boa ketone resently?

OK now, that's just drunk talk.