PDA

View Full Version : Lac Ste Anne - Filled My Tags

HunterDave
07-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Saturday I finally got my speed boat in on Lac Ste Anne so I wet a line west of the rock island. I put a medium shiner on a lime green jig with eyes and dropped my line into about 16 feet of water. The jig went to the bottom and as I tightened the line I had a walleye on it.......49 cm and tagged. I must have hit a honey hole because my other 2 tags were filled in about 15 minutes (47 cms each) and I only caught one walleye that was under the 43 cm. Fish n chips by the fire on Saturday! :tongue0017:

The water is fairly clear this year and the walleye are hitting on everything. A couple of fellas that I know did very well in the narrows with rapalas. A kid on our dock was even catching them with a rusty old red devil in 6 feet of water.

If you're looking for walleye action I'll recommend Lac Ste Anne to you. GL! :happy0034:

Jamie Black R/T
07-20-2011, 09:10 AM
you betcha!

that lake has been hot....i hope they can keep it healthy with the new regs...cause it just keeps getting better

i caught one on saturday night that went just over 4 pounds...thats the biggest walleye i have ever seen out of that lake.

RapStaff
07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the update boys I've got some tags to fill as well.

Jiffy10
07-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Sounds like the fishing is good there !!

What launch did you use and..... how was the launch.

HunterDave
07-20-2011, 11:45 AM
There's a good launch right in Alberta Beach. It can get busy on the weekends though. There's a couple more around the lake but I'd have to check to see what kind of condition they are in. :)

Jamie Black R/T
07-20-2011, 01:41 PM
all launches are in good shape this year with the water up.

if you are going to fish bird **** island...the alberta beach launch makes sense...parking sucks there but the launch is good.

get there early...its a zoo in the pm

mudbug
07-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Right on HunterDave :sHa_shakeshout:

So how did they taste?

Smasher
07-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Good to hear cause i'm hoping to get a trip out there this weekend!:sHa_shakeshout:

HunterDave
07-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Right on HunterDave :sHa_shakeshout:

So how did they taste?

The cook wasn't in camp this weekend but she'll be out on Saturday and we'll have them for supper (and share a bit). The flesh was firm and white with not a speck on it. Although I would have preferred catching them in end May/early June, the water quality is allot better this year. I'm sure that they'll be delicious! :sHa_shakeshout: