PDA

View Full Version : Med Hat College Pond...what gives?

Fishfinder
07-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Wondering if it is still drained? What is the future plan for it? What happened to all the fishies in there when they drained it? I was enjoying the perch fishing and odd jack there, caught a couple decent ones last winter. Nobody I ask seems to know what's going on with it.
Cheers:)

The Copenhagen Kid
07-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Seen that to a couple weeks ago, I was wondering if they drained it in anticipation of the flooding that was a concern there earlier? I really don't know either, but that was all I could see to waste such a good perch spot! Lol

Dust1n
07-20-2011, 06:15 PM
well if it gets drained the choice of restocking would be trout...

lone wolf
07-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Wondering if it is still drained? What is the future plan for it? What happened to all the fishies in there when they drained it? I was enjoying the perch fishing and odd jack there, caught a couple decent ones last winter. Nobody I ask seems to know what's going on with it.
Cheers:)

Didn't know that the College pond had been drained, but I will ask around at work tomorrow (I work for the city). I knew that the pond adjacent to College Drive had been drained for repair work on Connaught Dam, but was unaware of any work on College Pond.

coearle
07-20-2011, 08:08 PM
The pond on the College Property isn't drained, the one by Connaught is - as you said for repairs. I believe most people call that one College pond, not sure the true name though.

whitetail Junkie
07-20-2011, 09:33 PM
well if it gets drained the choice of restocking would be trout...

"F" The Trout,there's enough of them in alberta.

Dust1n
07-20-2011, 09:37 PM
"F" The Trout,there's enough of them in alberta.

There we go.

i would like to see that pond stocked with some bass.

WayneChristie
07-21-2011, 07:34 AM
"f" the trout,there's enough of them in alberta.

x10

Fishfinder
07-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Yes, I just call the one across from the college "the college pond" as I'm pretty sure there are no fish in the one on campus anymore. I am aware they were doing construction there to the culvert or whatever, just curious as to the future plans and what they did with the fish as I am pretty sure they did not just let them die? Who knows?

Highly doubt they will make it trout lake, as like stated above, we have at least 5 all within an hour of town. I just hope they put something/ANYTHING back in there. Would be a shame to see it unused. Great place to teach the kiddies to fish right within the city.

Cheers all!
Keep us posted as to what you find out at work Lone Wolf, much appreciated:)

steven3431
06-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Does anybody have an update on this pond? Is there fish in it? What kind? And to be clear is it the pond that is just south of College Dr SE and east of Primrose Dr SE?

huntsfurfish
06-03-2019, 09:57 PM
8 year old thread?:)

Baitban
06-07-2019, 06:10 PM
It is part of SMIRD, well that is where it is filled from. So it could get any fish in it that are part of that. perch pike walleye whitefish