PDA

View Full Version : Now this is the type of double header that I would love to catch

Braun
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ny5ZlcBlcQ&feature=watch_response

Kokanee9
07-20-2011, 06:20 PM
You need to try Northern Saskatchewan then! I have had pike - pike several x and not uncommon to have a walleye chewed as you are bringing it in. I haven't seen one swallowed like in the vid though.

npauls
07-20-2011, 06:30 PM
I had that happen a couple years ago at PCR with one of the cookie cutter eyes and one of the many monster pike that roam around. It was quite the sight to see and my buddy still can't believe it happened. I have seen it happen a few times and have seen pike follow in a walleye I am reeling in more then a few times.

Braun
07-20-2011, 08:38 PM
ua but its one thing to have something attack your fish but swallowed is what amazes me. and landing both, that is cool

npauls
07-20-2011, 09:00 PM
It did swallow my walleye partially and I did land both fish. Once I had the pike in the boat it ended up letting the walleye go and both were released and took off like a shot. I just couldn't believe that I landed the pike with 6lbs mono leader line running from my braid to my jig and the walleye was taken head first by the pike.

I had another walleye taken by a big pike at PCR that took the walleye sideways and the head of the walleye was out of one side of the mouth while the tail was out of the other side. I ended up getting that one close to the boat and tried tailing it before the pike spit the walleye and took off. Again the walleye swam away with nothing really major wrong with it.

nicemustang
07-20-2011, 09:01 PM
That happened to be last night! Although the pike didn't swallow it whole...it bite on it sideways and ended up letting go eventually. We kept the walleye to eat.

Braun
07-20-2011, 09:28 PM
holy ****. its nice mustang......... things slow on the farm right now or what

Kokanee9
07-20-2011, 10:02 PM
That happened to be last night! Although the pike didn't swallow it whole...it bite on it sideways and ended up letting go eventually. We kept the walleye to eat.

Where were you fishing to have that happen, my experiences were on the Churchill River system. I guess that would be north and east of where you are.

nicemustang
07-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Right on lake lenore. I've been out 4 of 5 past nights as we're in the summer peak right now and fishing has been awesome. Going again tomorrow morning if the wind dies down. Plus at least a couple times over the weekend....did I ever mention how nice it is to live 1/2 mile away from a lake I compare to travers and I can fish it when ever I want? Yeah it's nice.

Freedom55
07-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Go easy C.L. Soon we will be calling you Moondancefisher.

Free(jokes)