PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Chef!!!

BigBuck$
01-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Tried the Whitefish Florentine recipe in the Winter 07' Outdoor Canada Magazine tonight............absolutly delicious!!! I've never tried fish that wasn't fried, smoked, or stuffed & BBQ'd but danm this stuff is for the gods :) . No leftovers here tonight :evilgrin:
Anyone else tried the recipe? It's on page 48 for those who buy it.

Just a side question, does anyone have a tip on de-boning whitefish, I normally take the fillets & remove the rib bones but there always seems to be the odd small bone popping out here and there, You tube video like the Pike one would be great if anyone has a suggestion.

honda450
01-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Smoked whitefish is awesome.

BigBuck$
01-04-2008, 10:11 PM
I agree :evilgrin: , Pretty much all I've ever done with the them but I thought I would give this a go for a change.

Just a side thought on the smoking thing, I bought some "Candied Salmon" when I was down in Pincher Creek, smoked fish but with a maple syrup type glaze on it. I have never had anything like it before, ended up buying a bunch before I came home but it is long gone. Does anyone know how to make it?

ULTRAlite
01-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I've always heard it referred to as "indian candy"

Here is a link, but there are many recipes out there if you search it in GOOGLE

RECIPE (http://www.recipezaar.com/47871)

brett01
01-06-2008, 10:18 AM
indian candy is mainly just salted and cured with a S#@t load of brown sugar. It's awesome and its how i do most of my salmon/ trout. Really easy to!