PDA

View Full Version : Buck Lake- Calhoon Bay

mulecrazy
07-21-2011, 04:00 PM
hey All,

I have never camped here before and the wife, baby, and I were thinking of heading there this coming tuesday for a couple nights. any thoughts or advise for shore fishing? I am not sure if it is even possible here, but it would be nice to have a spot available to wet a line for at least a couple hours.

We were also thinking about heading to medicine lake or battle lake. any info on those would also be appreciated.

Cheers,

Hunter Trav
07-21-2011, 04:36 PM
The camping is good at Calhoon, but shore fishing would probably suck, its pretty shallow till you get out a ways in the bay. Medicine would be better for shore fishing, and probably Battle too. Medicine will be mainly hammer handles, Battle you might get lucky and get some wally's, but I wouldn't expect much there. Camping is good at either one as well. Hope that helps...

mulecrazy
07-21-2011, 09:20 PM
thanks HT.

Is there any areas on buck lake that a guy can drive to shore fish from?

Lefty-Canuck
07-21-2011, 09:25 PM
thanks HT.

In the spring you can fish there creek on the west side of town....other than that not really....how far can you cast? ;)

LC

bigbuck19
07-21-2011, 09:29 PM
I went to buck a couple weeks ago, from what I saw there's just the one dock that isn't private property and it's not the best. Pretty cool place to check out though. I didn't have any luck on battle from the shore, from boat is a different story. You might have luck fishing battle river, though.

WayneChristie
07-22-2011, 07:37 AM
I spent a week in June at Medicine, great campground with a lot of sites right on the water. We caught at least 50 smaller pike right from the campsite, used up all the smelts then caught them on pieces of weiner. Caught a lot on frogs too along the shore.

Hunter Trav
07-22-2011, 09:24 AM
thanks HT.

I'm sure there's a couple spots where shore fishing would be ok, but you'd have to cross private property to get to them I'm sure...

mooseknuckle
07-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I havent been in a while but 2 summers ago we pulled alot of pike and even a few walleye from the creek that runs right through the calhoun bay campground.