PDA

View Full Version : North Buck Lake Walleye

beerhunter
07-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I am trying to decifer the limits for this lake. In the regs specifics for Norht Buck Lake Walleye is not listed. So if I have read the regs correctly then that means you can catch and keep 3 Walleye over 50cm.

If someone can clarify and confirm this is correct or incorrect.

Thanks

Lefty-Canuck
07-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Google is your friend :)

Here is what I found:

A 1987 survey of lake-user groups found that North Buck Lake was most valued for fishing, the beauty of the natural setting, clean water and good boating (N Buck L. Plan Commit. 1987). Favourite activities of lake users are camping, general relaxation, fishing, swimming, boating and water skiing. There are no boating restrictions over most of the lake, but in posted areas, either all boats are prohibited or power boats are subject to a maximum speed of 12 km/hour (Alta. For. Ld. Wild. 1988). There are no sport fishing regulations specific to the lake but provincial limits and regulations apply (Alta. For. Ld. Wild. 1989).

From here:

http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Projects/Alberta-Lakes/view/?region=Beaver%20River%20Region&basin=Beaver%20River%20Basin&lake=North%20Buck%20Lake&number=60

....but don't take my word for it...

LC

kreator
07-22-2011, 03:35 PM
That is from the Atlas of Alberta Lakes from decades ago before there were different limits on different lakes.

I'm not exactly sure what to think about NBL, but a buddy of mine did catch a Walleye last summer. He didn't end up keeping it and didn't know until later that there were next to no Walleye in that lake.

Lefty-Canuck
07-22-2011, 05:52 PM
That is from the Atlas of Alberta Lakes from decades ago before there were different limits on different lakes.

I understand that....but NBL is not listed specifically in the regs so.....provincial limits and regulations apply as I stated.

If NBL WAS in the regs.....then the regs specific for NBL obviously would apply.

LC

kreator
07-22-2011, 08:33 PM
NBL is listed in the regs, it's just that they don't mention Walleye. But yea, I think the general provincial regs would apply to the Walleye (3 over 50 cm). Although, I believe there have been similar mistakes and omissions in the regs before and were not treated like that. To be safe (despite the odds of catching 3 NBL Walleye over 50 cm being astronomical) I would call F&W.

Kim473
07-23-2011, 05:06 AM
I highly doubt you will catch a walleye from there. It was stocked in like the 70s or something and they never took hold. I have fished for perch there many times and have never seen one but you never know. Try for some perch there tho. If you find a good spot you can get some up to 16" Very good perch lake in the winter months.

beerhunter
07-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Ok I think there are more than 3 people who have fished this lake that are on the forum.

Lets get some more opinions please.

bearbuster
07-25-2011, 10:04 PM
North Buck Lake? Is this the same Buck lake by Alder Flats??

Lefty-Canuck
07-25-2011, 10:11 PM
North Buck Lake? Is this the same Buck lake by Alder Flats??

Nope...thats South Buck Lake, NBL is up by Lac La Biche.

LC

seahawkfisher
07-26-2011, 12:32 PM
i've caught pike, whites, and perch outta there but no walleye. my friend catches them occasionally there (lives on the lake). one would have to assume that the blanket regs apply to a species not listed on the specific regs for the lake.
cheers